Can we travel with newborn without OCI card to India?

Venkata789

HI,

We are planning to travel to India next year with our newborn. Can travel to India without applying for OCI (in US) and apply while we are in India? We want to travel within two months of the child birth. So we are worried about the processing time for OCI in Indian consulates in US. Is it possible to travel without OCI and stay for about an year in India? Please advise..Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning to travel to India next year with our newborn. Can travel to India without applying for OCI (in US) and apply while we are in India? We want to travel within two months of the child birth. So we are worried about the processing time for OCI in Indian consulates in US. Is it possible to travel without OCI and stay for about an year in India? Please advise..Thank you

Yes you can travel aramse, all my friends did the same, and based on your name I guess you are from hyd , and its pretty simple, when a little toddle is there you no need to take them to visa Extension, Applying OCI is pretty easy too. let me know if you have any further questions on this.Remember to read all OCI Rules specially with birth certificate thats it 

Archived