H1B renewal after DV arrest not convicted

renewal

I was arrested for DV on 11/30/2016 and i have a pending h1b renewal application with uscis. Renewal application was submitted on October 7th and the status was case received. i dont have any past criminal record. will the arrest(still not convicted and i am gonna fight the case) affect my h1b renewal?

3 hours ago, renewal said:

I was arrested for DV on 11/30/2016 and i have a pending h1b renewal application with uscis. Renewal application was submitted on October 7th and the status was case received. i dont have any past criminal record. will the arrest(still not convicted and i am gonna fight the case) affect my h1b renewal?

If possible get ur h1 extension converted to premium processing.  

By the way wht was the felony

it was assault and battery on a household member. me and my wife were travelling on an highway and someone noticed our argument and called the cops. we both denied any physical confrontation but the police said they have to make an arrest coz of witness. its haunting us now. we didnt expect this to happen.

i heard renewal should be fine only visa stamping will be an issue, is it true

both renewal and stamping will go fine as long as there is no conviction. Read my recent post under 'Criminal issues' for details.

Just got my renewal done for 3 years. Came for stamping in Canada and that was approved too. Just get a good attorney and carry all your court disposition papers when you go for stamping and dont go for stamping before its completely dismissed. Make sure your attorney expunges your records including the arrest record from FBI database. 

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Archived