H1B restamping issues

sappiaish

Hi

My husband got his H1 extension till June 2019. We all have the stamping done in our passports valid till June 2017. We need to go to India in March 2017. Can we do the restamping at that time? If we do our restamping in March 2017, will we face any problem at POE due to the previous stamping that's being valid till June 2017?

Please help

Thanks

If your visa stamps are valid till June 2017 and you're traveling in March'17, are you coming back before June 2017? If so, then you don't need to go for restamping. If you're returning after June 2017, then you need go for restamping. 

Also, when you get a new visa stamp, the previous one gets automatically revoked. So, it should not cause any problems at PoE. The old visa gets a new red note that says "Cancelled without prejudice". 

On 5 December 2016 at 7:50 AM, boilerdam said:

If your visa stamps are valid till June 2017 and you're traveling in March'17, are you coming back before June 2017? If so, then you don't need to go for restamping. If you're returning after June 2017, then you need go for restamping. 

Also, when you get a new visa stamp, the previous one gets automatically revoked. So, it should not cause any problems at PoE. The old visa gets a new red note that says "Cancelled without prejudice". 

We will come back in March 2017 itself. But can we go for stamping before June i.e. before expiry of our previous stamping.? Do we need to face interview again or can that be done by drop-box facility. Just an addition I797 & I94 has already been extended since September 2016 thru June 2019. 

Archived