H1 APPROVED, OTTAWA-NOV30

swaroop lina

Thanks for this forum, which is helping a lot. 

Here is my visa interview details

Previous status: OPT-extention
Current status: H1 ( first time)
Place of interview: Ottawa, Canada
Date and Time: Nov 30, 2016. 09.30 AM
Visa status: Approved

Got an accomadation with help of airbnb. 

On interview day, I drove to US Consulate, Ottawa. 
I parked my car at open parking, which is 2 mins walking distance away from embassy ( captial parking). 
You need to pay in advance for this parking lot. They have differnt prices if you park before 9.00 AM and 
after. As, I dont want to take any chances of towing my car. I paid for whole day ( which costS 16$). 
I recommend you to look around for other parking lots, which displayed cheaper cost. 

NO BACKPACK was allowed, so, i went back to drop my backpack in my car. We can carry documents and carkeys and phone with us.

Out side of embassy, verified DS-160 confirmation and allowed me to get-in at 9.15 AM. 
Inside, they are going to again verify passport and ds-160 and stick a barcode sticker to passport.
And, collected my phone and carkeys and gave me a coupon and asked me to stop at Counter 6 or 7. 

They are not interview Counters btw, they verified my passport, DS-160 and I-797. And Got copy of my i-797 and passport photo. 
They instructed me to stop by at counter 5 for finger prints. And asked me stand in interview queue.

There was only 1 interviewer. so, queue is moving prety slow. I was almost 5th person in line (aspect of VO) by 10.20/10.30 and 
then a new interviewer opened her counter. The line started moving fast, that lady interviewer was so quick, i got my turn in mins. 

VO/She: Good morning. Give me, your passport, DS-160 and I-797.
Me: Good morning. And gave all of them. 

VO/She: so, you were student in US (F1)
Me: Yeah, I finsihed my masters.

VO/She: Looking at my i-797 and asked me, so your employer is XXXXXX
Me: Yeah. 

VO/She: What do you do?
Me: Told my responsiblities at work

VO/She: So, this is your first H1?
Me: Yeah

VO/She: what is major in masters and under grad?
Me: Told

VO/She: Did you do any research?
Me: No

She took my passport and said visa approved, handed over my DS-160 , I-797 and 
a instruction paper for tracking purpose( which had detailed instructions, what to look for after visa interview). 

I checked my status, showing admin processing this, 

If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, 
you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Can you guys please tell me, when can i expect my passport back. 

Thanks in advance. 

On 11/30/2016 at 4:34 PM, swaroop lina said:

Thanks for this forum, which is helping a lot. 

Here is my visa interview details

Previous status: OPT-extention
Current status: H1 ( first time)
Place of interview: Ottawa, Canada
Date and Time: Nov 30, 2016. 09.30 AM
Visa status: Approved

Got an accomadation with help of airbnb. 

On interview day, I drove to US Consulate, Ottawa. 
I parked my car at open parking, which is 2 mins walking distance away from embassy ( captial parking). 
You need to pay in advance for this parking lot. They have differnt prices if you park before 9.00 AM and 
after. As, I dont want to take any chances of towing my car. I paid for whole day ( which costS 16$). 
I recommend you to look around for other parking lots, which displayed cheaper cost. 

NO BACKPACK was allowed, so, i went back to drop my backpack in my car. We can carry documents and carkeys and phone with us.

Out side of embassy, verified DS-160 confirmation and allowed me to get-in at 9.15 AM. 
Inside, they are going to again verify passport and ds-160 and stick a barcode sticker to passport.
And, collected my phone and carkeys and gave me a coupon and asked me to stop at Counter 6 or 7. 

They are not interview Counters btw, they verified my passport, DS-160 and I-797. And Got copy of my i-797 and passport photo. 
They instructed me to stop by at counter 5 for finger prints. And asked me stand in interview queue.

There was only 1 interviewer. so, queue is moving prety slow. I was almost 5th person in line (aspect of VO) by 10.20/10.30 and 
then a new interviewer opened her counter. The line started moving fast, that lady interviewer was so quick, i got my turn in mins. 

VO/She: Good morning. Give me, your passport, DS-160 and I-797.
Me: Good morning. And gave all of them. 

VO/She: so, you were student in US (F1)
Me: Yeah, I finsihed my masters.

VO/She: Looking at my i-797 and asked me, so your employer is XXXXXX
Me: Yeah. 

VO/She: What do you do?
Me: Told my responsiblities at work

VO/She: So, this is your first H1?
Me: Yeah

VO/She: what is major in masters and under grad?
Me: Told

VO/She: Did you do any research?
Me: No

She took my passport and said visa approved, handed over my DS-160 , I-797 and 
a instruction paper for tracking purpose( which had detailed instructions, what to look for after visa interview). 

I checked my status, showing admin processing this, 

If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, 
you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Can you guys please tell me, when can i expect my passport back. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks slot for sharing ur experience 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived