Travel abroad after h-1b transfer is approved


Recommended Posts

Currently I am working at Company A (yet to resign). H-1B transfer for Company B is approved. I am planning to take 2-week vacation to go back to China during Christmas holiday. My H-1B visa is valid until 01/28/2017 (with Company A). My questions are:

1. Can I  come back to work for Company A for 1 week and join Company B afterwards. (My lawyer from Company B said, I have to re-enter US as an employee of Company B. That means, I have to resign before traveling.)

2. If yes, since my visa is valid, do I need to get a new stamp, or i-797 is good enough?

Appreciate your help!!!

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.