H1/H4 stamping Query

mukeshjrao

Hi Gurus,

My H1B/I-94 expires on Jan 28 2017.

I have applied for H1B extension and H4 I-539 on Aug 26th.Recently I upgraded this to Premium.

My Dependents have traveled to India on Sep 20th. I'll be travelling to India on 24th Nov and Returning on Dec 13th along with my dependents.

Query : If USCIS decides to approve my petition during the time I'm in India, Can I ask my friend to send the hard copy of the I-797 form ( which my employer will mail to my US address) to my India address and then, Can I get mine and my dependents visa stamped via the dropbox facility? Is it permissible?

If the answer to the above question is yes, Do I need hard copy of the H4 I-797 too?

Regards,

MJ

looks like you have valid VISA and I-94 till Jan 2017. So no issues in this case.

If you don;t have valid visa stamping then you must and should go to either drop box or VISA interview for new stamping based on your eligibility.

and one more thing, before you travel back to USA, meanwhile if you get new I-797 extension copy then you need to carry that only as it shows your I-94 validity and that is the proof for latest I-94 copy.

On 11/21/2016 at 8:05 AM, Reddi said:

looks like you have valid VISA and I-94 till Jan 2017. So no issues in this case.

If you don;t have valid visa stamping then you must and should go to either drop box or VISA interview for new stamping based on your eligibility.

and one more thing, before you travel back to USA, meanwhile if you get new I-797 extension copy then you need to carry that only as it shows your I-94 validity and that is the proof for latest I-94 copy.

Thank you Reddi for the clear answer. Appreciate it !

Archived