Successful H1B Stamping Matamoros, Mexico on 14TH, 15TH NOV

KRB

Firstly thanks a lot to everyone for sharing the information and experiences here. It really helped a lot. 

Me and my wife both of us travelled together from Boston. We took a flight till Houston and drove from Houston to Brownsville. The drive is very convenient and it's a good option to save lot of expenses as the flight tickets are highly expensive to Brownsville. We also chose to go by Salvador services as it's highly recommended. We reached Brownsville by Nov 13th , 4 PM and parked the car at UETA duty free store parking lot as mentioned in his website. They charge 5$ for parking/day. By the time we reached UETA duty free store, Salvador is already there waiting for us. We took the transit visas after crossing the border in his car which is a 7 day permit in Mexico. This process takes about 5-10 minutes. He took us to the hotel. Hotel is safe with friendly staff, has wifi and food is kind of Ok, not bad.

Nov 14th - ASC Appointment at 9 AM. Salvador and his assistance took us to the consulate around 8:15 AM 

Nov 15th - Visa Interview at 8 AM. Me and wife went to the same counter and we both are on H1B.

Interviewer -

Can I see your passport?

Can I see your petition?

What is your role/title ?

What do you do there ?

Whom do you work for?

How much are you getting paid ?

Do you have the offer letter by any chance ?

Are you guys married ? Where did you meet ? How long have you guys been married ?

Interviewer gave us an yellow slip and asked us to pickup the passport at 3PM by showing our ID.

Most of the people  get it same day and few due to printing issue got it next day sometimes so having flexible ticket or book return ticket after getting passport back is better. In our case there are 10 people with Salvador on the same day and luckily all of us got it on the same day itself.

Salvador will take you for passport pick up and then drop at border inside Mexico. There is walking path till CBP post and then the wait or line begins. There isn't much line for us. We crossed the border by 4:45 PM.  They charge 6$ per person for I-94 generation at the border. 

Highly recommend  Salvador Service, could not have done it without him. Very helpful and stress/worry free experience. Please reach out to him prior to your arrival and make a booking.  https://mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/ 

Good Luck !!

14 hours ago, KRB said:

Firstly thanks a lot to everyone for sharing the information and experiences here. It really helped a lot. 

Me and my wife both of us travelled together from Boston. We took a flight till Houston and drove from Houston to Brownsville. The drive is very convenient and it's a good option to save lot of expenses as the flight tickets are highly expensive to Brownsville. We also chose to go by Salvador services as it's highly recommended. We reached Brownsville by Nov 13th , 4 PM and parked the car at UETA duty free store parking lot as mentioned in his website. They charge 5$ for parking/day. By the time we reached UETA duty free store, Salvador is already there waiting for us. We took the transit visas after crossing the border in his car which is a 7 day permit in Mexico. This process takes about 5-10 minutes. He took us to the hotel. Hotel is safe with friendly staff, has wifi and food is kind of Ok, not bad.

Nov 14th - ASC Appointment at 9 AM. Salvador and his assistance took us to the consulate around 8:15 AM 

Nov 15th - Visa Interview at 8 AM. Me and wife went to the same counter and we both are on H1B.

Interviewer -

Can I see your passport?

Can I see your petition?

What is your role/title ?

What do you do there ?

Whom do you work for?

How much are you getting paid ?

Do you have the offer letter by any chance ?

Are you guys married ? Where did you meet ? How long have you guys been married ?

Interviewer gave us an yellow slip and asked us to pickup the passport at 3PM by showing our ID.

Most of the people  get it same day and few due to printing issue got it next day sometimes so having flexible ticket or book return ticket after getting passport back is better. In our case there are 10 people with Salvador on the same day and luckily all of us got it on the same day itself.

Salvador will take you for passport pick up and then drop at border inside Mexico. There is walking path till CBP post and then the wait or line begins. There isn't much line for us. We crossed the border by 4:45 PM.  They charge 6$ per person for I-94 generation at the border. 

Highly recommend  Salvador Service, could not have done it without him. Very helpful and stress/worry free experience. Please reach out to him prior to your arrival and make a booking.  https://mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/ 

Good Luck !!

Thanks a lot for taking ur time to write this post . I highly appreciate you for sharing ur findings to this forum . Please keep doing this good work 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived