H1B Visa validity time for India travel

priayanka.m

Dear Sir & Team,

My name is  Priyanka  and I am working in Houston location with H1b Visa.

My current H1B visa will over in  April 10th 2017. I need to renew H1B visa now. 

I am planning to visit India in the month of January 13th  2017 and return back Feb 6th 2017.

If i apply H1B extension now and if i go to India in the month of January 2017 and while returning back to USA in February 6th
is there any problem at US airport immigration?

or i need to apply H1B Extension after coming from India in February 2017 but my visa is valid till April10th 2017.

After applying H1B extension filing is it safe to travel India ? Could you please suggest.

No where relation when you applying H1B extension and travelling to India. You can travel any time and also you have valid visa stamping on your passport then you are good here.

If your visa stamping got expired then you have to to either drop box option or visa interview for new stamping. Mostly after visa expiry up-to 12 months will get drop box option.

You don;t need to wait for filling for extension. 

On 11/15/2016 at 2:36 PM, priayanka.m said:
Dear Sir & Team,

My name is  Priyanka  and I am working in Houston location with H1b Visa.

My current H1B visa will over in  April 10th 2017. I need to renew H1B visa now. 

I am planning to visit India in the month of January 13th  2017 and return back Feb 6th 2017.

If i apply H1B extension now and if i go to India in the month of January 2017 and while returning back to USA in February 6th
is there any problem at US airport immigration?

or i need to apply H1B Extension after coming from India in February 2017 but my visa is valid till April10th 2017.

After applying H1B extension filing is it safe to travel India ? Could you please suggest.

Apply for H1 extension now in premium and you can get the approval in 2 weeks. You can carry the new I-797 with you while going to India and while coming back you can show new I-797 at port of entry. Also you have an option of going for visa stamping with the new approved petition. In that way you can visa stamped till April 2020.

Archived