F2 to H1B in

skyneel

Here is my case - If anyone has been in a similar situation and can tell me how much time this will take, will be much appreciated. I am clueless right now.

1- I have been on h1b from 2004 onwards and and had an approved I-140 EB2 category with priority date of March 2010. 

2-Recently i decided to change my job and my new employer agreed to take on the GC process.

3- The lawyers could not get the application ready in time before I resigned at the end of September, (I resigned prematurely, I admit). I gave the lawyers over 4 weeks overlap before I resigned. For whatever reasons they could not get the paperwork ready and since I had the option of a COS to F2, attorney advised me to take that option. (My wife is on F1)

4- I applied for an F2 COS from my previously beyond 6 year extended h1b. F2 is in process.

5- my employers attorney is saying that currently my LCA is "under process" for the last 1month with website and newspaper ads. Now I will have to wait till that gets approved before they can file my h1b and take that process ahead.

My questions:

1-How much time should i anticipate for this process before i can join the company and start working again. 

2-Could they file my COS from f2 to h1b concurrently as my LCA is under process under premium processing so that i can start working.

I have transferred H1bs before and it has always worked out. This is all unexpectedly confusing...Online it says this may take anything from 3-6 months! 

Any guidance much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

You will not be allowed to change to F2 status unless by error or improper form filling. H1 with PP takes 15 days unless you are joining a doubtful organization. If the approval does not come with an I94 you can leave and return with the H1 visa. You are entitled to 3 year extensions beyond the initial 6 years of H1 based on an approved I-140. Is this a regular company or a NJ one?

Archived