Murthy Law Firm

Second DUI - Court hearing pending- need to travel to india

Hi All,

i had my first DUI in May 2014. After that I had my stamping done when I visited India and went through panel physician and all the processes. Also all court formalities , community service and stuffs were completed.

I had booked my tickets to go to India in Dec this year for marriage. And I got a second DUI last week. The court date is in dec.. I have hired a lawyer who will take care of the case and the final court hearing will be in feb2017.

i am planning to come back in Jan before the final court verdict and serve any sentence stated by the court.

my question is with a second DUI and court hearing still pending, is it safe to go to India. My marriage is in dec and I am not sure how to plan things.. will my visa be refused ? Or 221g will be provided . 

On 11/5/2016 at 4:58 AM, Bayarea123 said:

Hi All,

i had my first DUI in May 2014. After that I had my stamping done when I visited India and went through panel physician and all the processes. Also all court formalities , community service and stuffs were completed.

I had booked my tickets to go to India in Dec this year for marriage. And I got a second DUI last week. The court date is in dec.. I have hired a lawyer who will take care of the case and the final court hearing will be in feb2017.

i am planning to come back in Jan before the final court verdict and serve any sentence stated by the court.

my question is with a second DUI and court hearing still pending, is it safe to go to India. My marriage is in dec and I am not sure how to plan things.. will my visa be refused ? Or 221g will be provided . 

I really really want you to think abt wht u are doing .  U are putting the life of many when u are drunk and driving . Please stop this and start taking cab or a find a frnd who doesn't drink 

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 5:58 AM, Bayarea123 said:

Hi All,

I am in similar situation, except the fact I am not getting married.

My advice - decide what is more important, marriage or career? If you go to India, be prepared to receive 221(g),  and go through the medical panel. But I highly doubt you will receive the visa without providing the disposition form the court. If I were in your place I would stay in US, close the case, and go through the sentencing before I would even think of traveling anywhere. 

Hope this helped.