Do i need to go fro H1 stamping

reddy.span

I have a valid H1B visa, till 2017, stamped on my passport. I have changed my employer and got a new approval notice, few months back. 
I want to make a short trip to India for two weeks. 

My questions are: 

1) Do I have to get the visa re-stamped despite of having a valid visa?
2) Do i have to go for Drop Box?

Please help me out.

11 hours ago, reddy.span said:

I have a valid H1B visa, till 2017, stamped on my passport. I have changed my employer and got a new approval notice, few months back. 

My questions are: 

Please help me out.

No need visa stamping

23 hours ago, reddy.span said:

My questions are: 

Please help me out.

You should be fine as long as you have the new I797 (which you say you do). Carry your paystub, EVL etc with you, in case you are asked while coming back.

I think you can use drop box with employer change, but contact the consulate or your attorney anyway. Go to the official link to Indian Consulates. here is the eligibility information as of today from ustraveldocs website.

INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" CHECKLIST

If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you qualify for our Interview Waiver Program “Drop-box”. You do not need to schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center. Please log in, create your profile, proceed with your application, and print two copies of the submission letter. Drop off your passport along with the listed documents mentioned on the submission letter at one of our 11 service centers.

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years of age and applicant above 80 years of age or older:

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
  • My most recent visa was issued in India
  • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

Archived