Worked under CPT, Got H1-B Stamped

BabuAspirant

Hello Forum,

Sharing my experience for the folks who worked on CPT and planning for H1-B stamping out there.

My Background: Did my Masters, during my OPT-ext applied for H1-B. Unfortunately the application didn't got picked. Then I applied to the university which provided CPT. H1b got approved during my CPT period and I discontinued the University. After 2 years of my H1b, I came to India for stamping.

Stamping Experience:

1. Had the finger prints the day before my interview.

2. Interview Day: VO - Did you do CPT ?

Me: Yes I did

VO: Have you graduated from the university ?                              

Me: No, Since My H1-B was approved by that time. I discontinued and proceeded with my H1b

VO: Who is your employer (answered)

VO: What is salary (answered)

Me: Where do you work (answered)

VO: She started typing something and said your application needs to go under "Administrative Processing" issued 221g (White Slip).

3. I was really nervous and panicked thinking what to do next.

4. After three days I received the email saying your Visa Issued. Hence I picked up next day.

The main reason for posting this is I dint find any blogs regarding the H1b Stamping who did their CPT.

All the Best and Thank you  .

13 hours ago, sachin212u said:

Hello Forum,

Sharing my experience for the folks who worked on CPT and planning for H1-B stamping out there.

My Background: Did my Masters, during my OPT-ext applied for H1-B. Unfortunately the application didn't got picked. Then I applied to the university which provided CPT. H1b got approved during my CPT period and I discontinued the University. After 2 years of my H1b, I came to India for stamping.

Stamping Experience:

Me: No, Since My H1-B was approved by that time. I discontinued and proceeded with my H1b

VO: She started typing something and said your application needs to go under "Administrative Processing" issued 221g (White Slip).

4. After three days I received the email saying your Visa Issued. Hence I picked up next day.

The main reason for posting this is I dint find any blogs regarding the H1b Stamping who did their CPT.

You deserve it 

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, BabuAspirant said:

Hello Forum,

Stamping Experience:

hi babu,

I am also in the same boat but going to Visa stamping in Feb 2017. I was wondering if there are any other kind of answers that can be provided on why CPT has been discontinued ? Your answer is really appreciated. Thanks

Archived