Question on 221G & H1b Ext. Stamping Experience on Oct 14th, 2016 in Ottawa, Canada

Aarthi99

Hello all,
Thanks to the team who are managing this forum and providing all the valuable information on H1b Stamping. I have attended my H1b Extension Stamping on Oct 14th, 2016 in Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately, I have been issued a 221G White form that was checked on 'further review'. I am on EVC Model and here is my experience

What do you do? 
What projects do you work on?
Are you full time with the employer?
How much per month do you get paid?
How do they pay you?
How many employees are currently under employer?
How did you find this employer?
Do you have an End Client?
Do you work at client location?
What is your highest degree?
Is it a US Degree?
Was your previous visa issued with the same employer?
Do you have an End client letter?
Give me your end client letter and DS-160 confirmation?

That's it, VO kept my End client letter & DS-160 confirmation page and returned back my passport & i797. She did not even look at my CL and mentioned that they need to do some further review which might take some time. Also she mentioned that I will receive a status via email in a week.

Is anyone on the same boat? If yes, how much time did they take to respond back? I need to plan my accommodation accordingly:( Highly appreciate all your suggestions and advice?
1 minute ago, Aarthi99 said:
Hello all,
Thanks to the team who are managing this forum and providing all the valuable information on H1b Stamping. I have attended my H1b Extension Stamping on Oct 14th, 2016 in Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately, I have been issued a 221G White form that was checked on 'further review'. I am on EVC Model and here is my experience

What do you do? 
How do they pay you?
Is it a US Degree?

That's it, VO kept my End client letter & DS-160 confirmation page and returned back my passport & i797. She did not even look at my CL and mentioned that they need to do some further review which might take some time. Also she mentioned that I will receive a status via email in a week.

Is anyone on the same boat? If yes, how much time did they take to respond back? I need to plan my accommodation accordingly:( Highly appreciate all your suggestions and advice?

@kumar1128 @premkalyan521 Here's my experience :(

2 hours ago, Aarthi99 said:

Thanks a lot for taking your time to write down your visa stamping experience.   It is a common these days. chill out and hang out and see new places in Ottawa.

Visa Interview Experiences from Kind people like are keeping this forum alive.

There are many people who just take the information for granted and dont even care to come back and tell us about their findings. 

If good people like you stop posting Visa Interview experiences the forum would be dry with only questions and NO answers.

A New Reader who takes info from this forum should think twice before he ignoring to share his/her findings in this forum. If the ORIGINAL POSTER   had the same feeling then the reader wouldn't have received the useful information he is reading this minute/second

They will probably be emailing your client. Same thing happened to me at vancouver on Oct 6th and they contacted my client on Oct 7th. Asked my manager to verfiy if they were still expecting me and also for the start and end date of contract. Consulate asked me send the passport on Oct 12th and I am picking it up on Oct 17th. I do not know about Ottawa, but I feel Vancouver is processing white slips fast. I would suggest you to give a heads up to your client manager about an email she will get from Ottawa Fraud Prevention Unit. 

On 10/14/2016 at 11:20 AM, Aarthi99 said:

Thanks a lot for taking your time to write down your visa stamping experience.   It is a common these days. chill out and hang out and see new places in Ottawa.

If good people like you stop posting Visa Interview experiences the forum would be dry with only questions and NO answers.

A New Reader who takes info from this forum should think twice before he ignoring to share his/her findings in this forum. If theORIGINAL POSTER   had the same feeling then the reader wouldn't have received the useful information he is reading this minute/second

On 10/14/2016 at 4:36 PM, Uzman said:

@Aarthi99 :  your client will receive call from consulate to verify your employment, make sure you inform them about your situation. You will get visa approved in a week once verification is done.

@Uzman Thanks for your kind words. I am assuming the same and keeping hope. I already gave an heads up to my client manager.

However, I see 6 OTHER PEPOPLE stuck here since almost 5 WEEKS and none of them received any response from the consulate nor there employer or client has been contacted yet. This situation scares the hell out of me:( 

16 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

If good people like you stop posting Visa Interview experiences the forum would be dry with only questions and NO answers.

A New Reader who takes info from this forum should think twice before he ignoring to share his/her findings in this forum. If theORIGINAL POSTER   had the same feeling then the reader wouldn't have received the useful information he is reading this minute/second

@premkalyan521 My sincere thanks to you for assisting our community. However, 221G trendsetters cannot chill brother, especially when you have a family waiting for you in US:( 

One question is striking my mind, can we travel to India while our case is being reviewed? I do have multiple entry canada visa and I don't wanna spend $$ when there is no specific timeline..!

YES, I totally agree that whoever uses this community for benefit should return there favor by atleast posting there expreiences. Come on guys Murthy forum is not charging you to read experiences, just return back your favor by posting.  I agree life is busy, but one experience would make others think before taking a decision.

On 10/14/2016 at 8:56 PM, Canucks_H1bRenewal said:

They will probably be emailing your client. Same thing happened to me at vancouver on Oct 6th and they contacted my client on Oct 7th. Asked my manager to verfiy if they were still expecting me and also for the start and end date of contract. Consulate asked me send the passport on Oct 12th and I am picking it up on Oct 17th. I do not know about Ottawa, but I feel Vancouver is processing white slips fast. I would suggest you to give a heads up to your client manager about an email she will get from Ottawa Fraud Prevention Unit. 

@Canucks_H1bRenewal Good to hear that news, congratulations.! I wish and pray that I should hear back and get approval by next week. Yes, I did gave an heads up to my client. Thanks for sharing your details. 

I heard Ottawa is fast as well, but in reality it isn't :( Did the consulate email or call your client? 

On 10/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Cool_breeze said:

Make that count 13 @ Aarthi99...

I have been through 221g two times now. first in 2013 in Mumbai India and second in Ottawa 2016.

Read my experience here. I am waiting for receiving my passport. Will update how many years visa i get.

If any questions. Email me at brijparikh@gmail.com 

@Cool_breeze Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish you good luck. Please keep us posted on how much time did they take to process your case once you receive your pp.

In the mean time, did the consulate ask you for any other additional docs?

I had my interview in Ottawa on 13th October. Was issued 221g and I am still waiting . I have quoted by experience below

Hello all,

The VO gave me  a blue 221g form and asked for my resume in Ottawa on Oct 13th.  Her questions were

What company do you work for and what does the company do?

What at is your role?

Did you do research during your masters?

Can I see your previous visa? ( I had a 221g with 'Clearance received' stamped on the visa from 2013 in Chennai)

Once she saw my previous visa, she mentioned "We have to do the same check we did in 2013" and handed my passport back. She said the check can take 3 weeks or 3 months.     I will post updates to this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 1:17 PM, Aarthi99 said:
Hello all,

What do you do? 
How do they pay you?
Is it a US Degree?

Hi Aarthi any update on ur case.

Archived