H1B denied- Do i get my money back?

Ramya126

Hello Folks,

I have filed for H1 in 2014. Later in june 2014 i got a RFE, and the decision was pending until 2016. In march 2016 my employer raised a service request and later it got denied in june 2016. Now my question is i paid my employer my H1 fees, now that my H1 got denied i'm planning to ask  my employer for those money back except the attorney fees.  Do i really get those money from my employer? 

3 hours ago, Ramya126 said:

Hello Folks,

I have filed for H1 in 2014. Later in june 2014 i got a RFE, and the decision was pending until 2016. In march 2016 my employer raised a service request and later it got denied in june 2016. Now my question is i paid my employer my H1 fees, now that my H1 got denied i'm planning to ask  my employer for those money back except the attorney fees.  Do i really get those money from my employer? 

Hmm, that money is gone.Paying for H1 is ILLEGAL and your employer is a FRAUD bcos he took money for H1. Why didn't you think about this before you paid for your H1? Why haven't you did any research on H1 before moving forward with this fraud employer?

20 hours ago, Ramya126 said:

@rahul412, i did the research.. At that time i was on H4 and wanted to file for H1. I've enquired atleast 10 employers and neither of them was ready to file from H4-H1. Only this guy did. He asked us to pay in the begining the full amount.

And hence you lost your money. Unless and until job seekers doesn't change their thinking about H1, these fraud employers will exists and abuse H1 to maximum extent. I kinda feel like ppl deserve this kind of treatment.Sorry about that.

Archived