Perm and i140 with criminal record

Galaxy9

I want to ask my employer to initiate the perm application. I have an expunged trespass conviction.

How do employers deal with green card applications for an employee with criminal record? Will they initiate the perm appln? My trespass conviction doesn't have immigration consequences according to an outside lawyer.

Are there cases where the employee finishes his h1b duration and goes back to his  native country because employer didn't apply for perm?

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2016 at 0:17 AM, Galaxy9 said:

I want to ask my employer to initiate the perm application. I have an expunged trespass conviction.

How do employers deal with green card applications for an employee with criminal record? Will they initiate the perm appln? My trespass conviction doesn't have immigration consequences according to an outside lawyer.

Are there cases where the employee finishes his h1b duration and goes back to his  native country because employer didn't apply for perm?

even if case was expunged after conviction, immigration can see it. you will have to mention any convictions you got in the green card/ visa applications moving forward. where you fingerprinted for your trespass conviction/arrest?

Archived