221G OTTAWA SEP 2016

sureshbabu

On 9/27/2016 at 10:53 AM, sureshbabu said:

Hi Guys,

I had my interview in Ottawa on Sep 23 2016. After the interview the VO retained my resume and said that my case needs admin processing and it might take 2-3 weeks. No additional documents requested. Any one else facing the same situation? 

HI Suresh, Are u in Ottawa ?   I am in same Situation, Which form did u get it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

The VO gave me  a blue 221g form and asked for my resume in Ottawa on Oct 13th.  Her questions were

What company do you work for and what does the company do?

What at is your role?

Did you do research during your masters?

Can I see your previous visa? ( I had a 221g with 'Clearance received' stamped on the visa from 2013 in Chennai)

Once she saw my previous visa, she mentioned "We have to do the same check we did in 2013" and handed my passport back. She said the check can take 3 weeks or 3 months.     I will post updates to this forum.

6 hours ago, Shawshank said:

Hello all,

The VO gave me  a blue 221g form and asked for my resume in Ottawa on Oct 13th.  Her questions were

What company do you work for and what does the company do?

What at is your role?

Did you do research during your masters?

Can I see your previous visa? ( I had a 221g with 'Clearance received' stamped on the visa from 2013 in Chennai)

Once she saw my previous visa, she mentioned "We have to do the same check we did in 2013" and handed my passport back. She said the check can take 3 weeks or 3 months.     I will post updates to this forum.

Hi Shawshank, I am in a similar situation as you, but this is my first time going for an interview. I was told by the VO that it might take 2-3 weeks. Were any documents requested? How long did it take for you to receive the clearance in chennai?

Hi sureshbabu,

In Ottawa, the VO took my resume and handed my passport back to me. If I remember right, it took about 15 to 18 working days to complete the clearance check in Chennai (the VO retained my passport then).   Even in Chennai, I was asked to submit only my resume.  The visa was given for 2 years instead of the usual duration (3 yrs OR till the I797 expires).

7 hours ago, UCNY said:

Hi, I had my interview on Sep 29th and the following day got an email asking to submit my resume. I didn't get 221g but i assume my degree comes under TAL and requires clearance. Nothing yet as of today. Will keep you posted if i get any email. 

Hi UCNY,

Please can you send your contact number or email to my email address. My email address is in my profile. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Shawshank said:

Hi sureshbabu,

In Ottawa, the VO took my resume and handed my passport back to me. If I remember right, it took about 15 to 18 working days to complete the clearance check in Chennai (the VO retained my passport then).   Even in Chennai, I was asked to submit only my resume.  The visa was given for 2 years instead of the usual duration (3 yrs OR till the I797 expires).

Shawshank, yours is clearly TAL. Can you post and let us know if yours got approved in the timeframe the VO mentioned?

8 hours ago, UCNY said:

Hi, I had my interview on Sep 29th and the following day got an email asking to submit my resume. I didn't get 221g but i assume my degree comes under TAL and requires clearance. Nothing yet as of today. Will keep you posted if i get any email. 

If they are asking for that, quite likely your are in 221g, though not sure why you did not get the 221g letter from them.

It would be nice if you can post once you get your visa. yours is close to 3 weeks now, so I hope you are getting it soon. It will help some of us get an estimate on the current delay as well.

1 hour ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

Shawshank, yours is clearly TAL. Can you post and let us know if yours got approved in the timeframe the VO mentioned?

Yes, I will post my updates in this forum, and will keep monitoring for others' progress as well. Hopefully, everyone else involved in this thread will post their updates so everyone gets an idea of wait times.

1 hour ago, Sai13 said:

Suresh, Sai, Shawshank and UCNY, please could you tell us your latest status and also if anyone of you are staying in Ottawa, please could you send your contact number to my email address. email is in profile. Thanks!

I am on my 4th working day right now, so I am sure I have many more days to wait. I am currently roaming around within Canada (might as well make a partial vacation out of the wait time !) , so I will let you know when I am back in Ottawa.

Hi guys,

I am also in the same boat like you.. Had my H1b renewal with new employer, interview is Ottawa on Sept 20th. Routine questions from VO lady and then asked for my resume. She looked at her computer and read the notes. took a minute or so and then gave me back my passport. She went and made copy of my I-797 and returned me the original. Gave me blue 221g and said the application needs clearance. She must have thought i belong to TAL. but i am Mechanical Engg Masters working in Pharma manufacturing industry as Engineering Manager.

(I had 221g yellow/green for additional documents back in 2013 when i went to Mumbai for interview. It took 25 days to clear and another 3-4 days to get passport back)

She said it will take 3-4 weeks to clear. 

My case updates so far:

Case created: 16th Sept,

Case Update: 20th Sept

2nd Case Update: 13th Oct (Received email to submit the passport asap personally) Early morning drove to Ottawa back from Toronto and submitted the passport on 14th Oct, Friday at 10am. (The email said, it will take 3-4 business days after passport submission to get the passport back in canada post.)

No update after that. Called Ottawa embassy on ext 5361 and asked for the status. The lady said, they received clearance from DC but the VO still has to clear the case. then it will go to print.

So i emailed on 17th Oct, Monday asking what is delaying the process.

3rd Case Update: 18th Oct. (Got the email that my visa process is complete and i should expect my passport within 4-5 business days)

19th Oct: No update so far and i am trying to call them to find out the status. Nobody picking up.

I have 2 of my friend also in 221g blue- both had interview on 22nd Sept. (one is a lab supervisor in pharma and other is Chemical engineer lead in Oil company)

Does any of you guys know how much time it takes for embassy to process the visa after receiving the passport?

3 hours ago, Cool_breeze said:

Hi guys,

I am also in the same boat like you.. Had my H1b renewal with new employer, interview is Ottawa on Sept 20th. Routine questions from VO lady and then asked for my resume. She looked at her computer and read the notes. took a minute or so and then gave me back my passport. She went and made copy of my I-797 and returned me the original. Gave me blue 221g and said the application needs clearance. She must have thought i belong to TAL. but i am Mechanical Engg Masters working in Pharma manufacturing industry as Engineering Manager.

(I had 221g yellow/green for additional documents back in 2013 when i went to Mumbai for interview. It took 25 days to clear and another 3-4 days to get passport back)

She said it will take 3-4 weeks to clear. 

My case updates so far:

Case created: 16th Sept,

Case Update: 20th Sept

2nd Case Update: 13th Oct (Received email to submit the passport asap personally) Early morning drove to Ottawa back from Toronto and submitted the passport on 14th Oct, Friday at 10am. (The email said, it will take 3-4 business days after passport submission to get the passport back in canada post.)

No update after that. Called Ottawa embassy on ext 5361 and asked for the status. The lady said, they received clearance from DC but the VO still has to clear the case. then it will go to print.

So i emailed on 17th Oct, Monday asking what is delaying the process.

3rd Case Update: 18th Oct. (Got the email that my visa process is complete and i should expect my passport within 4-5 business days)

19th Oct: No update so far and i am trying to call them to find out the status. Nobody picking up.

I have 2 of my friend also in 221g blue- both had interview on 22nd Sept. (one is a lab supervisor in pharma and other is Chemical engineer lead in Oil company)

Does any of you guys know how much time it takes for embassy to process the visa after receiving the passport?

Hi Cool_breeze, any update on the status of your other 2 friends? Did they get theirs approved?

20 hours ago, Shawshank said:

Yes, I will post my updates in this forum, and will keep monitoring for others' progress as well. Hopefully, everyone else involved in this thread will post their updates so everyone gets an idea of wait times.

I hope so too.

Just to be clear, mine is in Vancouver so I did not want to confuse folks here with my details. But my understanding is that the time taken for TAL is largely controlled by delays in DC (or wherever they perform the clearance checks). Mine was on Oct 3rd morning. You can check on Vancouver 221G post for my details.

The Ottawa folks are very responsive and are ahead so requesting to please keep updating with any information you have.

Here are some questions: For you folks, did they keep the passports or returned them? Also, if you are hearing any timelines or in your own case, can  you please mention if it is business days vs calendar days. And counting from Interview date to Status change or Interview date to "Passport received with visa stamped" date.

Archived