Move to new job without H1B amendment


Recommended Posts

Hello all. I'm currently working in state X on a H1B visa. I'm working for a client at the client location, my employer (a consultancy) is base out of state Y. I've been working for about 6 months now (my first client after my H1B got approved). My employer has so far not filed an amendment for the location change; my current(and only) I-797 has state Y on it.


My question is this - I want to get a full time job in state X as soon as possible, to be rid of these consultancies once and for all. If I get a FT, will there a problem when the new employer applies for the new H1B petition, as no amendment was filed?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.