Change in the Client after booking the Visa Appointment

Anil_Cliffy

Hi there,

I have been living in USA for 3 years and my visa on passport expired on sept 2015 and recently got my H1-B extended for 3years  using client A with whom i am working for past 18months.

The same client A was mentioned while filing for the H1 extension , once the extension was approved i decided to visit india during december 2016 and go for stamping.

so i went ahead and filled in the DS-160 with the same client information and the work location and got the visa appointment on 3rd week of december 2016 , but today my manager said they are letting me go in 2 weeks .

I will be working for new client after that , so my employer will file H1 amendment.

Questions

1. Will there be a change in the H1-B Receipt number after amendment ? 

2. Will i have to cancel my current appointment as i cant change the DS-160 with new client information or can i still go for appointment by carrying new client letter and the latest amendment form ? 

Please help me , I am tensed !!

Thanks in advance !!

There will be change in HB receipt number after amendment. You can carry approved amended I797 copy with client letter for your December 2016 interview. 

You probably don't need to cancel your visa appointment in Dec 2016 ( DS 160 submitted with Client A). Just when you go for interview, if they ask where do you work, tell them recent location and explain the difference in location ( DS 160 vs.recent location) if they ask you. You will surely need to carry approved amended I797 and client letter from new client. VO is interested to see if you have client letter and you work at same location mentioned on your recent H1B petition ( in your case amended H1B with new client). 

Good Luck !!!

Archived