H1B extension without being on a project :(

rekha6

Hi, my friend is currently on his 9th year of H1-B (have approved I-140) which is expiring this October 2016 and he works as a consultant. He is currently not on any project, is it mandatory for him to be on a project in order to apply for an extension? What are his options other than finding a full time job?

Also, his current employer is troubling him to pay his salary, he is not paying on time and putting a lot of pressure to find a project. So, he is highly doubtful if he will even apply for an extension without being on a project. Looks like his employer is going to cheat him by not paying his money and just cancel his H1B towards the end. Please give me your valuable advise on this. Thanks very much.

A sad thing happened yesterday (8/16/2016)! My friend received an email from his employer that "8/15/2016" was his last working day! Please note the date: employer has sent an email saying that his last working day was yesterday, without any prior notice! And this was very shocking! What are his options really? He can surely change his status to H4, but he is "out of status" now. Please help with your advise. Thank you!

A sad thing happened yesterday (8/16/2016)! My friend received an email from his employer that "8/15/2016" was his last working day! Please note the date: employer has sent an email saying that his last working day was yesterday, without any prior notice! And this was very shocking! What are his options really? He can surely change his status to H4, but he is "out of status" now. Please help with your advise. Thank you!

Yes H4 is the only option he has now. Its nothing shocking here, that's how fraud consulting firms works.

Archived