Successful Visa Stamping Matamoros, Mexico - August 2nd

jsnvslm

Hello,

Got my H1b visa stamped in Matamoros, Mexico on August 2nd.

My background:

1) 4th H1b

2) Previous 2 H1b stampings done in Matamoros, Mexico

3) Same employer for past 9+ years

4) EVC model

5) No client letter. Carried client email saying they don't give any letter for contractors, client manager emails, client batch[had company logo], few photos at client site with team members, vacation[for visa stamping] approval email from client manager.

Logistics assistance in Matamoros: Took the service from Salvador Castaneda. Very helpful and excellent service. Definitely recommend to anyone who needs assistance. His URL:

ASC appointment:August 1st 2016 - 9AM: took 15 min to complete

CSC appointment:August 2nd 2016 - 8AM: took 30 min to complete

Questions asked by Visa Officer:

1) Do you work for the company XXXX?

2) How long have you been with the company?

3) What do you do for the company XXXX?

4) Your education qualification?

5) XXXXX company location?

6) Show me the employment letter?

No questions about client or anything else.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks.

Hello,

Got my H1b visa stamped in Matamoros, Mexico on August 2nd.

My background:
1) 4th H1b
2) Previous 2 H1b stampings done in Matamoros, Mexico
3) Same employer for past 9+ years
4) EVC model
5) No client letter. Carried client email saying they don't give any letter for contractors, client manager emails, client batch[had company logo], few photos at client site with team members, vacation[for visa stamping] approval email from client manager.

Logistics assistance in Matamoros: Took the service from Salvador Castaneda. Very helpful and excellent service. Definitely recommend to anyone who needs assistance. His URL:

ASC appointment:August 1st 2016 - 9AM: took 15 min to complete
CSC appointment:August 2nd 2016 - 8AM: took 30 min to complete

Questions asked by Visa Officer:
1) Do you work for the company XXXX?
2) How long have you been with the company?
3) What do you do for the company XXXX?
4) Your education qualification?
5) XXXXX company location?
6) Show me the employment letter?

No questions about client or anything else.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you let me know in DS 160, Temporary visa section, where they ask Where do you intend to work?  did you give your client address or employers?  Thanks much

To SBH1B,

If you don't have a valid US visa stamped in your passport it is better to get Mexican Tourist Visa. Contact the closest Mexican Consulate to get the details about getting Mexican Tourist Visa. It is usually a one visit process, $36. The Mexican Tourist Visa is helpful in case your visa is denied and you have to travel to a larger city[inside Mexico] to fly to your home country.

In my case i had the Mexican Tourist Visa, but while crossing the border i was taken to the Mexican Immigration and was given a 7 day permit card for which i paid $25. I am not sure if this is needed or not… but was asked to do it and i did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sabarjisnv,

just had eligibility question.  

I had my first H1b stamping (F1 to H1) in Jamaica. My H1 Extension is approved and  Now I am planning to go to Matamoros,Mexico in Sept 2016 .

Can you please let me know if I am eligible to go to Mexico. Did you met some similar to my situation.  Thanks In Advance.  

Archived