Issue with OPT

tejas1502

Hello all, 

I am an international student at ASU pursuing bachelor's degree in computer science. I applied for graduation in spring , 2016, but didn't graduate. Unfortunately, in one of the courses, I had issue with plagiarism and was suspended for one year. Now, I have transferred to another university to take one course and I will transfer credit back to my university after a year to graduate. Can I apply for OPT after a year, since I will graduate after a year? I wanted to get some more information if I would be eligible for OPT/CPT. 

Can someone please help?

Hello all, 

I am an international student at ASU pursuing bachelor's degree in computer science. I applied for graduation in spring , 2016, but didn't graduate. Unfortunately, in one of the courses, I had issue with plagiarism and was suspended for one year. Now, I have transferred to another university to take one course and I will transfer credit back to my university after a year to graduate. Can I apply for OPT after a year, since I will graduate after a year? I wanted to get some more information if I would be eligible for OPT/CPT. 

Can someone please help?

Forget CPT. That's a big red flag nowadays.

Concentrate on your studies. That and ONLY that should be your concern, in particular after a plagiarism incident.

Archived