H1b case selected in lottery (COS H4 -H1B) & still under processing, H4 extension applied after it.

chatm

Hi Members,

I am on H4 and applied for my H1b in this FY-2017 lottery which got selected in April 2016. Later, Spouse's employer filed Spouse's H1B extension and so my H4 extension together in May 2016.

Now, both the cases , the new H1B which is COS (H4 - H1B) and H4 extension, not approved yet and still in receipt state.

Will USCIS process them in a order e.g. First approve H4 extension then H1B COS ? or independently. (I came to know that USCIS taking time in approving H1B extension cases)

How the cases will be processed ? What measures can i take promptly to avoid any conflict of status starting from October? Finally i need to be on H1B to start working from Oct onwards.

Please help suggest.

Should my H4 extension and Spouse's h1B extension upgraded to Premium Processing help avoid the scenario of leaving country and re-enter with stamped H1b ? 

is it fine to go for premium processing now ? As it had been almost more than 3 months receipt notice issued after lottery.

I am in doubt that if my spouse's employer upgrades the case for premium processing and in the meantime my H1b approval is received before h4 extension approval, then the situation will still remain same.

When i can expect the H1B approval ? any suggestion or idea ?

• 3 weeks later...

No order. If your H1 petition is approved leave and return with the H1 visa.

Should my H4 extension and Spouse's h1B extension upgraded to Premium Processing help avoid the scenario of leaving country and re-enter with stamped H1b ? 

is it fine to go for premium processing now ? As it had been almost more than 3 months receipt notice issued after lottery.

I am in doubt that if my spouse's employer upgrades the case for premium processing and in the meantime my H1b approval is received before h4 extension approval, then the situation will still remain same.

When i can expect the H1B approval ? any suggestion or idea ?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived