H1B Resource in USA - Background Verification Failed in India

zaheer4u07@gmail.com

Hi,

I work for an Employer X for the past 6 years. I was deputed to US in October 2013 and I have been employed here in the US since then, as H1B resource. My petition is currently valid until 12/15/2016.

Recently my employer did some Background Verification (BGV) Check and they could not confirm one of the employments (out of 3) in India before I joined them in 2010.

I am trying to resolve it from here, but I want to know the answers for the below questions if it ultimately fails, I mean if my employer confirms the BGV has failed and I need to travel back to India.

1. Can they legally send me back to India for this reason?

2. Meanwhile, if I get an offer from an Employer Y and they apply for my H1B transfer, will the above issue become a problem or roadblock for that?

3. If my current employer is not ready to give any proof of my employment (if after I move) due to the above reason, will it become an issue for my GC processing?

Please let me know the answers for this question.

Regards,

Z

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2016 at 11:38 AM, zaheer4u07@gmail.com said:

Hi,

I work for an Employer X for the past 6 years. I was deputed to US in October 2013 and I have been employed here in the US since then, as H1B resource. My petition is currently valid until 12/15/2016.

Recently my employer did some Background Verification (BGV) Check and they could not confirm one of the employments (out of 3) in India before I joined them in 2010.

I am trying to resolve it from here, but I want to know the answers for the below questions if it ultimately fails, I mean if my employer confirms the BGV has failed and I need to travel back to India.

1. Can they legally send me back to India for this reason?

2. Meanwhile, if I get an offer from an Employer Y and they apply for my H1B transfer, will the above issue become a problem or roadblock for that?

3. If my current employer is not ready to give any proof of my employment (if after I move) due to the above reason, will it become an issue for my GC processing?

Please let me know the answers for this question.

Regards,

Z

Can someone pls help me here? They have again done a BGV this year and again couldn't confirm my employment with one of the employees... Please help me on the legal implications of this...

Archived