Calling all 221g in Ottawa

shuchigupta

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe yellow slip is just employment confirmation from your employer/client, So it shouldn't take longer if your employer/client responds in timely manner.

Thanks Parker. Her client responded immediately but they did not call her employer yet.  The VO assured during interview that she won't get stuck there in Ottawa and the process should be completed in 2 business days (3-4 business days in case of delays) but so far no update.

My wife contacted the embassy via email and also in-person twice about the delay and they had the same response for her as "natta" had posted in this thread. I think they are using the same template for everyone while responding.

Thanks Parker. Her client responded immediately but they did not call her employer yet.  The VO assured during interview that she won't get stuck there in Ottawa and the process should be completed in 2 business days (3-4 business days in case of delays) but so far no update.

My wife contacted the embassy via email and also in-person twice about the delay and they had the same response for her as "natta" had posted in this thread. I think they are using the same template for everyone while responding.

Hi 

I was given yellow slip too. Verification from Client was done the very next minute after interview.  No update. Looking at the responses from other I am assuming a Month to get this cleared (Both working and non working.)

Hi 

I was given yellow slip too. Verification from Client was done the very next minute after interview.  No update. Looking at the responses from other I am assuming a Month to get this cleared (Both working and non working.)

Hi Natta,

It is frustrating to wait in a foreign country bearing the additional expenses. Were you asked to submit any additional documents that are tick marked in the yellow slip? In my wife's case, none were requested and VO kept her pp too. Hoping our wait comes to an end very soon.

Hi Natta,

It is frustrating to wait in a foreign country bearing the additional expenses. Were you asked to submit any additional documents that are tick marked in the yellow slip? In my wife's case, none were requested and VO kept her pp too. Hoping our wait comes to an end very soon.

Hi 

I got an email from them asking for passports on 27th. So I have sent them. Totally 16 Business days for them to ask passports or to respond. If you look at others response, average time to get processed is 15-19 Business days.

Don't worry you will get it done in that time frame. Imagine if you have the same situation in India you would have ended up for minimum 3 months, here in Canada its 3 weeks. I understand its expensive, but Canada does less damage when you calculate Time Vs Expenses.

Hi Parker,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) No, there is still no update on the CEAC website, the last update is still the date of my interview.

2) They sent me an email with instructions on how to submit the passport, you have to send it via courier. They send you a "courier-in authorization certificate" which allows you to send the courier package for free. You have to take it to the post office at either 1424 Sanford Fleming Avenue, or 59 Sparks Street - whichever is more convenient for you. When the visa is stamped, they will send the passport back through courier to the location which you selected online when you filled your application. But the system does give you one day after you get the email to submit passport to change this return location if you want to.

3) I will let you know if the visa is valid till the end of petition when I get my passport back.

Hope this was helpful!

Hi dobby123,

thanks for reply... let me know the visa validity after you receive it on hand.

Thanks,

Parker

Hi 

I got an email from them asking for passports on 27th. So I have sent them. Totally 16 Business days for them to ask passports or to respond. If you look at others response, average time to get processed is 15-19 Business days.

Don't worry you will get it done in that time frame. Imagine if you have the same situation in India you would have ended up for minimum 3 months, here in Canada its 3 weeks. I understand its expensive, but Canada does less damage when you calculate Time Vs Expenses.

congrats....

Congrats Parker and Natta,

This might sound a bit silly question but in my interview the officer said i am approving your visa and kept the passport . Does that mean I am in the clear since it's been 3 days and my petition is saying : 'Administrative processing' ?

I saw on other forums people got passport delivery emails the next day itself .. and for me it's 3 days and no movement

Also is anyone in currently in Ottawa looking for accommodation sharing till visa thing gets sorted out ?

Thanks

Hi All,

Updates from my side. I got email from Embassy yesterday to submit passport and I submitted it today. I had interview on 5th July and they kept my resume and asked to send description of masters degree program which I sent them 2 days later. I got email from Embassy on 11th July that they received document and then after 14 days from there they asked for passport. It seems like 14 days game to me. Good luck and everyone is getting Visa so have patience until your turn comes.

Will keep you posted about more details.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Updates from my side. I got email from Embassy yesterday to submit passport and I submitted it today. I had interview on 5th July and they kept my resume and asked to send description of masters degree program which I sent them 2 days later. I got email from Embassy on 11th July that they received document and then after 14 days from there they asked for passport. It seems like 14 days game to me. Good luck and everyone is getting Visa so have patience until your turn comes.

Will keep you posted about more details.

Thanks.

Hi

After you have sent passport. Did you get any confirmation E-mail, or tracking number . 

I did not get any emails after that . That is the reason I am asking.

Thank you

I had an interview on August 8th. Research background. It's 3rd day. Whole family is back in US. Already very stressed out in 2 days with negative thouhgts. Any suggestion on cheap accommodation in Ottawa. Has anyone heard about denial of visa after getting 221g. In last 2 days I spent lot of time in searching but couldn't find any denial case. Just anxious!

Raj100,

No news. Were you issued a 221g - blue slip for your research background? Irrespective of it, looking at the timelines posted here it is taking 15-19 business days to get 221g cleared. In my case, it is 19th business day today and no update yet. We just cannot do anything other than to wait for our turn.

I heard it is 3-4 months for processing 221g in India so Canada is a better option. Good Luck!

Thanks for the information.?No new post from anyone. Can we send email or call to embassy and ask for update? Tired of checking emails hundred times a day. I think we are one of the most unluckiest ones who got this 221g.

Does anyone know normally how many people get this and which category.

Archived