shuchigupta

1. Interview date & Time: 5th June 8am

2. Case created / Status update:   5th june 2016

3. # of working days so far: 4 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client letter

5. Consulate kept Passport : NO

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing and it will take 2-3 weeks

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

8. Any other info would like to share: VO called my client and Employer after 10 min of interview. 

9. Still in CANADA ?? YES

Is your technology falls under TAL ?

What is the reason you found for 221g, If you share additional details it will help to others..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Suchigupta,

I am in the same boat.

1. Interview date : 7th July

2. Case created / Status update:   7th July 2016

3. # of working days so far: 1 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : CV

5. Consulate kept Passport : NO

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing and it will take 2-3 weeks

7. Color of 221g : BLUE

8. Any other info would like to share: H1B renewal

9. Still in CANADA : Yes

Is your technology falls under TAL ?

What is the reason you found for 221g, If you share additional details it will help to others..

Yaa may be tuesdays are lucky.. 

I got notification to submit my passport on Tuesday 12 July, 2016 which I did at the location the embassy asked me to. But since then I have been waiting to get a reply back from embassy to pick up my passport. 

I never knew it will take me more than a month to get my life back on track.. I still waiting..I hope this time monday is my lucky day !!.

Best of Luck to others too..

I got notification to submit my passport on Tuesday 12 July, 2016 which I did at the location the embassy asked me to. But since then I have been waiting to get a reply back from embassy to pick up my passport. 

I never knew it will take me more than a month to get my life back on track.. I still waiting..I hope this time monday is my lucky day !!.

Shuchigupta - Did you submit your passport at the embassy or a different location? Any idea if they are still using Canada post to deliver the passport? I heard that because of a possible strike with Canada post, they are switching to a different courier company... Not sure if this might affect how long it takes to get the passport back.

Thanks Suchigupta...Plz keep us posted with the validity of the visa. (Till the end of the petition or shorter than petition)

Did any one contacted embassy for updates ?

The Email response I got after 1 week . 

We are responding to your email regarding your nonimmigrant visa application.  Your application is still undergoing administrative processing in order to verify your qualifications for the visa.  

We realize that these extended time periods may be frustrating, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. The Consulate General in Ottawa, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.  We cannot predict when this processing will be completed, however, please be assured that the Consulate General in Ottawa and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will adjudicate your visa as soon as possible.

Final update from my end: 

I am giving my details below:

1. Interview date & Time: 15th June 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   15th june 2016

3. Color of 221g : BLUE

4.  Apporval/ asked for passport: 12 July 2016

5. Submitted passport same day

6. Email for passport processed: 19 July 2016

7. Passport picked from 59 sparks street: 20 July 2016

8. Left Canada on 21 July 2016, immigration done in Ottawa with no hassle.

The passports are delivered next day you get notification about the airway bill number and usually around 2 PM.

In all it takes time but we dont have any other option but to wait. Processing is very slow!!

Final update from my end: 

I am giving my details below:

1. Interview date & Time: 15th June 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   15th june 2016

3. Color of 221g : BLUE

4.  Apporval/ asked for passport: 12 July 2016

5. Submitted passport same day

6. Email for passport processed: 19 July 2016

7. Passport picked from 59 sparks street: 20 July 2016

8. Left Canada on 21 July 2016, immigration done in Ottawa with no hassle.

The passports are delivered next day you get notification about the airway bill number and usually around 2 PM.

In all it takes time but we dont have any other option but to wait. Processing is very slow!!

Hi Suchigupta, 

Did they issue visa till the end of the petition or only 1 year or 2 years ( i mean less than petition).

Thanks,

Parker

The Email response I got after 1 week . 

We are responding to your email regarding your nonimmigrant visa application.  Your application is still undergoing administrative processing in order to verify your qualifications for the visa.  

We realize that these extended time periods may be frustrating, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. The Consulate General in Ottawa, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.  We cannot predict when this processing will be completed, however, please be assured that the Consulate General in Ottawa and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will adjudicate your visa as soon as possible.

have you seen any updated date change after this mail in ceae website ?

My wife's 221g Details:

1. Interview date & Time: 13th July 2016 8:15 am

2. Case created / Status update:   13th July 2016 

3. # of working days so far: 8 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client Letter, Employer Letter

5. Consulate kept Passport : YES

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing and it will take 3-4 Days (no status update till now)

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW(Nothing was tick marked, no additional documentation was requested)

8. Any other info would like to share: They Have Called her Client manager on 20th July

Update: got an email from embassy to submit my passport today. So it took a total of 19 business days to resolve 221G, a total of 1 month including weekends and holidays. I will submit my passport now, and I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Congrats dobby123, I have a few  questions....plz respond that helps a lot

1) Have you seen any updated dates in CEAC website...during this 19 business days after the interview date ?

2) How did you submit the pass port ? in person or through mail ? Can we request to pick the passport at the embassy next day ?

3) Also confirm how long the visa is valid ? till end of petition or shorted than petition end date ?

thanks,

Parker

Congrats dobby123, I have a few  questions....plz respond that helps a lot

1) Have you seen any updated dates in CEAC website...during this 19 business days after the interview date ?

2) How did you submit the pass port ? in person or through mail ? Can we request to pick the passport at the embassy next day ?

3) Also confirm how long the visa is valid ? till end of petition or shorted than petition end date ?

thanks,

Parker

Hi Parker,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) No, there is still no update on the CEAC website, the last update is still the date of my interview.

2) They sent me an email with instructions on how to submit the passport, you have to send it via courier. They send you a "courier-in authorization certificate" which allows you to send the courier package for free. You have to take it to the post office at either 1424 Sanford Fleming Avenue, or 59 Sparks Street - whichever is more convenient for you. When the visa is stamped, they will send the passport back through courier to the location which you selected online when you filled your application. But the system does give you one day after you get the email to submit passport to change this return location if you want to.

3) I will let you know if the visa is valid till the end of petition when I get my passport back.

Hope this was helpful!

My wife's 221g Details:

1. Interview date & Time: 13th July 2016 8:15 am

2. Case created / Status update:   13th July 2016 

3. # of working days so far: 8 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client Letter, Employer Letter

5. Consulate kept Passport : YES

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing and it will take 3-4 Days (no status update till now)

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW(Nothing was tick marked, no additional documentation was requested)

8. Any other info would like to share: They Have Called her Client manager on 20th July

I believe yellow slip is just employment confirmation from your employer/client, So it shouldn't take longer if your employer/client responds in timely manner.

Archived