Calling all 221g in Ottawa

shuchigupta

Hi guys,

i saw one of the post in forum for 221g's in Vancouver in 2016. I thought of following the same for Ottawa consulate. I request everyone who have attended interview in Ottawa and got 221g and still awaiting the response, Please update the case in this posting with interview date, case status date (if any update), # days waiting so far (only working days) & if possible interview experience in brief,

I am giving my details below:

1. Interview date & Time: 15th June 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   15th june 2016

3. # of working days so far: 14 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : CV

5. Consulate kept Passport : NO

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing and it will take 2-3 weeks

7. Color of 221g : BLUE

8. Any other info would like to share:

9. Still in CANADA ??

I think this will be helpful to track all 221g's in one post. And helpful to us and others

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

i saw one of the post in forum for 221g's in Vancouver in 2016. I thought of following the same for Ottawa consulate. I request everyone who have attended interview in Ottawa and got 221g and still awaiting the response, Please update the case in this posting with interview date, case status date (if any update), # days waiting so far (only working days) & if possible interview experience in brief,

I am giving my details below:

1. Interview date & Time: 15th June 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   15th june 2016

3. # of working days so far: 14 days

9. Still in CANADA ??

I think this will be helpful to track all 221g's in one post. And helpful to us and others

Can you provide an email that I can reach

Hi Suchigupta,

I am in the same boat.

1. Interview date : 7th July

2. Case created / Status update:   7th July 2016

3. # of working days so far: 1 days

8. Any other info would like to share: H1B renewal

9. Still in CANADA : Yes

My details are:

1. Interview date & Time: 5th July 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   5th July 2016

3. # of working days so far: 4 days

9. Still in CANADA ?? Yes

shuchigupta - what type of visa are you applying for? did they ask for additional docs to be sent via email? Please let me know when you do hear anything back from the consulate.

I had my interview at the US consulate in Ottawa for an H4 visa on July 23rd. I was given 221G for administrative processing. I was asked to submit my resume, and description of my research in biotechnology by email - which I submitted on the same day as my interview. I have been living in the US for the past several years as a student, I completed my undergraduate and my masters degrees in the US.

Here are the details:

1. Interview date & Time: June 23, 2016 at 8:30am
  2. Case created: June 21, 2016 (before my interview date - don't know why)
  3. Case updated: June 23, 2016 (date of interview)
  4. # of working days so far: 9 working days
  5. Asked to submit docs by email: resume, and description of my biotech research
  6. Consulate kept passport: NO
  7. VO comment: need additional administrative processing, will take 2-3 weeks
  8. Color of 221G: blue
  9. Visa type: H4

Does anyone have any experience for how long 221G take to resolve in Ottawa?

shuchigupta - what type of visa are you applying for? did they ask for additional docs to be sent via email? Please let me know when you do hear anything back from the consulate.

I had my interview at the US consulate in Ottawa for an H4 visa on July 23rd. I was given 221G for administrative processing. I was asked to submit my resume, and description of my research in biotechnology by email - which I submitted on the same day as my interview. I have been living in the US for the past several years as a student, I completed my undergraduate and my masters degrees in the US.

Here are the details:

1. Interview date & Time: June 23, 2016 at 8:30am
  2. Case created: June 21, 2016 (before my interview date - don't know why)
  3. Case updated: June 23, 2016 (date of interview)
  4. # of working days so far: 9 working days
  5. Asked to submit docs by email: resume, and description of my biotech research
  6. Consulate kept passport: NO
  7. VO comment: need additional administrative processing, will take 2-3 weeks
  8. Color of 221G: blue
  9. Visa type: H4

Does anyone have any experience for how long 221G take to resolve in Ottawa?

Hi I was asked for no additional documents, it was H1B renewal for me. And i am working as Post Doc in Biomedicine in top medical university in US.

1. Interview date & Time: 5th June 8am

2. Case created / Status update:   5th june 2016

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client letter

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

8. Any other info would like to share: VO called my client and Employer after 10 min of interview. 

9. Still in CANADA ?? YES

1. Interview date & Time: 5th June 8am

2. Case created / Status update:   5th june 2016

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client letter

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

8. Any other info would like to share: VO called my client and Employer after 10 min of interview. 

9. Still in CANADA ?? YES

Natta,

What I heard is yellow slips will be cleared quickly than Blue. Yellow slip just needs confirmation from your client, but blue needs clearance from several agencies.

Natta,

What I heard is yellow slips will be cleared quickly than Blue. Yellow slip just needs confirmation from your client, but blue needs clearance from several agencies.

Still waiting for a response.. VO called my client and Employer and as of now its 6 business days and  no update :(

Hi Everyone, 

update from my side. Today in morning got an email from embassy to submit my passport. So in total they took 17 business days to clear 221g and roughly a month if you include all weekends and other holidays. 

I have submitted my passport and lets hope that I get it soon. Will keep everyone posted. 

Hi Everyone, 

update from my side. Today in morning got an email from embassy to submit my passport. So in total they took 17 business days to clear 221g and roughly a month if you include all weekends and other holidays. 

I have submitted my passport and lets hope that I get it soon. Will keep everyone posted. 

Hi Shuchigupta,

let us know how may years they issued the Visa for. I heard for 221g they are issuing visa less than the petition end date.

To All who posted in this thread,

Is your Masters course work/profession fall in the TAL list? I can't believe they are doing background security only because someone has done Masters from US. 

Is Computer Science also in TAL? I don't think so, but just making sure if anyone knows.

The VO's has limited knowledge on what comes into TAL, so they are pushing most of the cases to TAL check even for distant related fields.

Archived