Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Khushi18

Members
  • Content count

    38
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Khushi18

  1. Khushi18

    H4 EAD

    Oh I see. Make sense as they may not issue two EADs, not necessarily is the immigration law though. Nothing fishy about I 140 or I 485 but as you know nothing is guaranteed so why to surrender valid H1/H4 while waiting for 485 approval. Thats the argument from my husbands immigration attorney.
  2. Khushi18

    H4 EAD

    Dear forum members, I am on H4 status. My spouse has valid I 140. We both have EAD/AP based on pending I 485. We are traveling to home country and we are planning to re enter on H1/H4 status by going through the stamping process. Our attorney recommended to use current EAD/AP, only when we have no other choice. I want to start working, so can I apply for H4 EAD when I go for the visa stamping in my home country? I mean is it possible to apply for H4 EAD via consular processing? Thanks
  3. Dear friends, We are in our seventh year of H1b/H4 based on approved I 140, already received EAD/AP combo, awaiting I 485. Current H1b/H4 approval valid till 09/2019. Traveling to home country, India soon. Questions we have: 1. Are we eligible for stamping by drop box? My husband has just changed employment in July 2016 and we have new H1/H4 approval based on new employment. Previous H1b visa stamping was for previous employer expired in June 2016. 2. I have H1b stamp in my passport (till 03/2017) but later changed status to H4 and I do not have H4 visa stamp in my passport. Am I eligible for drop box for H4 stamping? 3. Recently there was a significant hike in the H1 visa fees to $4500. Does it apply to us as individual applicant when we go for the stamping? To my understanding it is the extra fees to be paid my employer only. Thank you.
  4. Khushi18

    H1/H4 visa stamping - Drop box

    thank you shekar11#.
  5. Khushi18

    H1/H4 visa stamping - Drop box

    Additional question: According to your post, I am NOT eligible for drop box since I have changed my status to H4. Can I go for stamping alone before my husband can drop his application in the drop box since I am traveling a month ahead of my husband's planned travel? In other words, do my husband has to have valid visa stamp in his passport before I can go for my own H4 stamping? Thank you.
  6. Khushi18

    H1/H4 visa stamping - Drop box

    Thank you.
  7. Dear friends, We are in our seventh year of H1b/H4 based on approved I 140, already received EAD/AP combo, awaiting I 485. Current H1b/H4 approval valid till 09/2019. Traveling to home country, India soon. Questions we have: 1. Are we eligible for stamping by drop box? My husband has just changed employment in July 2016 and we have new H1/H4 approval based on new employment. Previous H1b visa stamping was for previous employer expired in June 2016. 2. I have H1b stamp in my passport (till 03/2017) but later changed status to H4 and I do not have H4 visa stamp in my passport. Am I eligible for drop box for H4 stamping? 3. Recently there was a significant hike in the H1 visa fees to $4500. Does it apply to us as individual applicant when we go for the stamping? To my understanding it is the extra fees to be paid my employer only. Thank you.
  8. Khushi18

    H1b transfer or new H1b?

    Dear friends, I am in a situation and I need your valuable input. I worked for company A for about 5 years and then joined company B and worked for about one year. Last month, I applied for H4 and got the receipt number. H4 is still under process and I have stopped working for company B since july 31, 2015, the date of H4 receipt. Company B has NOT cancelled H1b. Now I want to join company A again. I have valid H1b stamp in the passport for company B till March 2017. what are my options here? 1. Can I apply for new H1b for company A pending H4 petition? or I have to wait till h4 gets approved and then apply for H1b 2. If my new H1b for company A gets approved then what will be my status between July 31 till new H1b approval since I am not working? 3. Can I simply transfer H1b from company B to company A? or I have to apply for new H1b? Thank you. 2.
  9. Khushi18

    H1b transfer or new H1b?

    Thanks jairichi, I 140 is still valid.
  10. Khushi18

    H1b transfer or new H1b?

    thanks jairichi, I have already used 7.5 years of H1b but I have approved I 140 from company A. Will my new H1b from company A be considered cap? Company A told me that my H1b will be cap exempt as long as I am not more than three years out from previous H1b status. Please clarify. Thanks.
  11. Khushi18

    part time H1 to H4

    thank you.
  12. Khushi18

    part time H1 to H4

    Hi, Last month, I decided to switch from full time H1b to part time H1b due to family situation. Compnay attorney has already applied for the amendment but it is still under process with USCIS. Now I want to change my status to H4 and I no longer wish to work. Can I change my status to H4 eventhough my current part time H1 amendment is still NOT approved? Thank you all.
  13. Dear friends, I am posting my immigration issue which to me seems somewhat complex. Please provide your suggestions. my background 1. I 140 approved through company A (consulting company) with PD March 2011. EB2 India. 2. Currently, working for company B full time as I had to move close to my family due to pregnancy and childbirth. 3. Now, I am planning to switch my status to H4. 4. Company A promised to continue my GC and promised to file I 485 when PD becomes current (god knows when) - BUT company A has some conditions that I should be working with them at the time when they file I 485. They said that this is USCIS requirement. Questions I have: 1. Is it legally possible for company A to continue with my GC as I am not working for them at present.? 2. Do I have to be working with company A at the time my PD becomes current and ready to file I 485? 3. Can company A file for I 485, if I am on H4 status? I won't have salary stubs when I file for I 485. 4. If none of the above is true then is it possible that I go back and start working for company A once I approach my priority date? I intend to work full time with company A once my GC gets approved. But at present I can not work with company A as I can not relocate with kid. My husband is fellow in training on H1b so he can not move with me as well even if I decide to relocate. Thank you all.
  14. thanks livliv, "poor" husband is depending on me to have his GC. He used up his three years of H1b doing IM residency and then he is going to use up his remaining three years in doing card fellowship. His program does not support for GC while in training. he is applying for NIW, though. That is why it is important for both of us NOT to mess up with already approved I 140 for me from company A. I have my own reasons not to work, mainly small kid. But in the mean time, I just accepted part time offer from company B on H1b. Hopefully, I 140 EAD will implement soon.
  15. Jairichi, Thank you very much for providing your input.
  16. I am just posting a new question here as the question is related to the previous thread. My current company B wants to keep me and not happy with my decision to go on H4. They have given me an option of working part time, say for example 3 days/week or 5 half days a week (around 24 to 25 hours in total). Can I work part time being on H1b? Is there any minimum hours/week or days/week that I need to work in order to legally maintain my H1b status? Thank you all. Please answer this question.
  17. Thank you jairichi and livliv, to further clarify the issue, my husband has one more year to finish his fellowship and then we can relocate. My PD is March 2011 and I do not see it becoming current for atleast one year from now. I am planning to go on H4 for next one year, and then go back on H1b with company A and start working. Hopefully PD may become current by then. Is there anything wrong in doing that? I mean will USCIS see something suspicious, if I go back with company A on H1b around the time PD becomes current? In worst situation, I may not be able to work at all with company A when PD becomes current. Is it okay NOT to work with company A when they file I 485? From USCIS point of view? Company A wants me to work with them when they file for I 485. Their argument, if I work with them when they file for I 485, USCIS will not question company's ability to pay me in future and less chances of getting RFE. Thank you very much.
  18. Hi all, I have approved I-140 with one of the desi consulting companies. Priority date March 2011. Just recently, my company has changed the name of the company due to the merger with another company. The name of the company and owner/CEO changed as well. Is it going to affect my green card processing in any ways? Employer is confident that it is not going to affect as they will provide the affidavit supporting my application when priority date becomes current. Thanks.
  19. Khushi18

    7th year extension for physician

    one of my physician friends continued working on "O" visa.
  20. Khushi18

    H-4 EADs

    This injunction does not impact the pending H-4 EAD rule-making process. The injunction order includes only implementation of DAPA and Expanded DACA.
  21. your current company may revoke your I 140 and if that happens then you will not be eligible for H1b transfer/extension with your new company. Its probably safe to apply for H1b for new employer using the I 140 of the previous employer first using the H1b premium process. you will get your results in 2 weeks. Then leave your current employer with immediate effect. This is especially true, if your current employer is sadistic DESI company. They will intimidate you to revoke your I 140 and they will try to not let you go and if you go then they will try to destroy you.........
  22. Hello Friends, I am in a tricky situation and any advice will be of great help: Travelling to India between changing jobs. 7th year on H1B. Current H1 with Co. A, yesterday received the approval of my H1 Extension (for1yr.). Got an offer from Co. B and they will be filing my case next week premium i.e. 18th Feb.. I am leaving for India on March 3rd. I am not sure if i will receive the decision before I leave and as per my attorney its okay to leave the country as far as the application is filed before i leave. Now the question is: - Once i am in India I will i have to go for stamping and i want to go with my new I-797. Now we need to book a date in advance (Mumbai consulate), what if I haven't received my new approval notice. Fyi, I do not want to get it the stamped based on my current I-797 since it is just for one year whereas my new approval (with Co. B) I am assuming will be for 3 years (since my I140 is approved - keeping my fingers crossed). -Can i book an appointment based on my current employer's I797 and then edit it later when i receive the approval with new employer? Not sure if that is possible? Or if there are any other options? - Also, my new employer was asking me if they should put Counselor Processing or I-94 on the application? Is it okay if they put I-94 because in that case i will end up with different I-94s (Current and new). - Last Q, do i need to carry my approved I-140 original copy for stamping? Since my employer is not ready to release that? Is the original required? This is bit urgent and these Q are driving me crazy. Please provide your feedback. Thanks a ton!!
  23. Hello Friends, Quick Q: I have recently changed my employer, my I-94 and VISA are expired. I will be travelling to India soon, my Q is: - Do i need to handover my I -94 section from I -797 at the counter when I checkin? Your reply is highly appreciated! Thanks!
  24. Khushi18

    I-94 from I-797 when leaving the country?

    Thanks much Jairichi! I have another Q as well about travelling to India, will open a new topic. Thank you again.
  25. Hello Gurus, I am highly confused and need your advice on the below matter: I am changing employer from A to B. My current employer (Desi consultant) has filed for my H1 ext. (7th yr. with approved I-140) in Nov 2013 in regular process and my new employer (FT) will be filing the H1 transfer in PP. The tentative start date with B is 3rd March. But before I start with the new employer I want to travel to India, once i receive the approval notice. Now since my current employer's H1 extension is pending, my question is: 1. The start date on the application to USCIS should be 3rd March (eventhough I will not be starting from 3rd March since i will be going to India)? 2. Or it should be 1st April, which will actually be my start date after coming from India? The reason I am asking this is because I have to get my passport stamped hence i need to carry the new employer's documentations when i travel to India, so in that case do i need to show that I've already started with employer B or I am going to start after coming to US? Based on your advice i will move forward so your advice is highly appreciated! Thanks much in advance!
×