yellow slip 221g Administrative processing

uday596

Hi,

i attended visa interview this morning, it went well, Visa officer said there is nothing wrong from my side but he said he has to do some verification on my company. he collected my passport and documents.. he said it gonna take several weeks. does anyone know exactly how long it gonna take ??

some of my friends suggesting me to take passport and go back to india and attend visa interview back in india. can i do that ??

if i took passport from the consulate will my case processing ends or will be it in processing ??

Any help is really appreciated 

Thanks

H

some of my friends suggesting me to take passport and go back to india and attend visa interview back in india. can i do that ??

Your case is pending at one consulate, so I don't think you can attend the interview at another consulate. That's why people say to attend interview at home country.

You can take your passport, it won't delay the process.

did you check with your employer whether he got any email from consulate.

If it is on company then it may take sometime.

My first h1b stamping was in Vancouver and  I got 221g on employment verification. VO told me that its going to take 2 weeks and took the following docs pp, 797,client letter,w2,paystubs. As she said within 2 weeks it got approved. Between I sent an email to consulate asking for status update. They replied saying, it is under process.

So try sending them an email after 1 week and check with them. If it is going to take several weeks better go to India or search for an accommodation and wait.

you cannot attend an interview when your case is already in processing. Either you got to wait or withdraw your application.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived