Previous employer is not giving me an experience letter

USA2013

Hi ,

Thanks for responding. I will talk to the attorney. Just one last follow up question

Is letterhead complulsory?. I mean the former colleague may not be able to arrange for a letterhesd since the compnay may not provide one. Is there any other workable option like notary or anything ells

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Hi ,

Thanks for responding. I will talk to the attorney. Just one last follow up question

Is letterhead complulsory?. I mean the former colleague may not be able to arrange for a letterhesd since the compnay may not provide one. Is there any other workable option like notary or anything ells

Thanks,

Bhavesh

I believe yes a letterhead is needed. An attorney will advise you better.

• 2 weeks later...

This was from my attorney when i asked about experience letters

"The ideal option is to obtain an experience letter from the employer which states that your were was full time and includes his title, start and end dates of employment and a detailed description of the duties, either signed by your former manager or the HR department.  The second option would be a letter from a former manager that no longer works at the company which states that he was your manager at [name and address of company] and therefore has knowledge of his experience.  The third option would be a letter from a former co-worker.

Options two and three (especially option three) are accepted at the discretion of the USCIS and additional documentation should also be submitted such as evidence of attempts to obtain a letter from the employer, and their response, plus any other documentation to evidence he was employed at the company.

If the former employer is willing to sign a letter just confirming your title and dates of employment which is then supplemented by a more detailed letter regarding his duties from a former manager, this would be acceptable."

Archived