RFE for 17 month OPT extension: Employment history

tictactoe41

Hey Folks,

I got the following RFE when I applied for the 17-month OPT STEM extension.

Please provide your complete employment history (including start date and end dates) and proof of employment of your initial grant of optional practical training from 1-5-2012 to 1-5-2013

I-765 90 day clock

My case: For initial 7 months, I was an unpaid volunteer at my university. Next 5 months, have full time paid job with e-verified employer. It is with this e-verify number I applied for 17-month OPT extension.

What should my response include:

Just a unpaid volunteer letter from professor stating the end and start dates, and the offer letters for current job? (I mean, would just letters suffice?)

OR I need to submit detailed information about each job, time sheets or detailed project descriptions?

Does all of these documents need to be notarized?

Thank you so much for the response.

• 2 months later...

Hi Tictactoe41,

I have got the same RFE for my EAD yesterday!

My case is same as yours. I was working as an unpaid intern for first 6 months and from last 6 months I am working as a full-time employee at an e-verified employee.

Did you send all the required documents to USCIS? What all documents did you send?

Please reply what is the result of your case.

Thank You very much and all the best.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tictactoe41,

I have got the same RFE for my EAD yesterday!

My case is same as yours. I was working as an unpaid intern for first 6 months and from last 6 months I am working as a full-time employee at an e-verified employee.

Did you send all the required documents to USCIS? What all documents did you send?

Please reply what is the result of your case.

Thank You very much and all the best.

Hi Friend,

Yesterday I got the result for my EAD RFE and it was denied!

I don't know the exact reason yet, will get the letter next week. But I had submitted all the required documents except for the pay stubs from the unpaid job (as it is allowed in the 1st year of EAD).

Let's see, planning to file a case to request of a recheck. What happened to your case? You got a reply?

Thanks and all the best!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Friend,

Yesterday I got the result for my EAD RFE and it was denied!

I don't know the exact reason yet, will get the letter next week. But I had submitted all the required documents except for the pay stubs from the unpaid job (as it is allowed in the 1st year of EAD).

Let's see, planning to file a case to request of a recheck. What happened to your case? You got a reply?

Thanks and all the best!!

Hi White Leo,

I have the same case where I worked as unpaid intern for first 6 months and later 6 months I have worked has paid. I got RFE asking for all employment letters, pay stubs. I was in a impression that in the first year I can work as unpaid but recently everybody is getting denied if worked as unpaid. http://www.murthy.com/2013/11/25/unpaid-internships-on-f-1-opt-considered-unemployment/  How did you re-appealed ? Please let me your contact information so I can take your help .  

Archived