Successful H1B Visa Stamping on OCT 22nd Ottawa

GirijaJ

Hi All,

I am happy to say that my H1B visa is approved at Ottawa today.

Here are the questions Visa Officer asked me.

1. I see that xxxxx is your employer

Yes

2. I think you are working there from few months only.

Yes, it’s been 4 and ½ months

3. Why did you change your employer

I got full time opportunity, I am recently married, my husband stays in Farmington Hills, I wanted to live with him. So I changed my employer. (VO said ‘’Congratulations’ and smiled).

4. Who is your previous employer and your role?

XXXX , Programmer Analyst

5. Can I see your Client letter, employer letter?

I gave him client letter, employer letter( letter to embassy) and he started reading Client name, I said its xxxxx.

6. How often you meet your employer?

I meet my employer daily, and every week we will have face to face meetings. My employer is also farmington hills based( VO said so you meet to discuss about the work, I said ‘Yes’.)

VO said ‘Your visa is approved’, here is the paper to track your passport. He took my Passport, I-797, Client letter and Employer Verification Letter. Not sure why he took client letter and employer letter. If anyone faced the same situation please post here.

Hope this post helps everyone. All the best for your interviews.

Thank You,

Girija

Hi All,

I am happy to say that my H1B visa is approved at Ottawa today.

Here are the questions Visa Officer asked me.

1. I see that xxxxx is your employer

Yes

2. I think you are working there from few months only.

Yes, it’s been 4 and ½ months

3. Why did you change your employer

I got full time opportunity, I am recently married, my husband stays in Farmington Hills, I wanted to live with him. So I changed my employer. (VO said ‘’Congratulations’ and smiled).

4. Who is your previous employer and your role?

XXXX , Programmer Analyst

5. Can I see your Client letter, employer letter?

I gave him client letter, employer letter( letter to embassy) and he started reading Client name, I said its xxxxx.

6. How often you meet your employer?

I meet my employer daily, and every week we will have face to face meetings. My employer is also farmington hills based( VO said so you meet to discuss about the work, I said ‘Yes’.)

VO said ‘Your visa is approved’, here is the paper to track your passport. He took my Passport, I-797, Client letter and Employer Verification Letter. Not sure why he took client letter and employer letter. If anyone faced the same situation please post here.

Hope this post helps everyone. All the best for your interviews.

Thank You,

Girija

Hello all,

I had my visa interview on October 29, 2012 at US Consulate, Ottawa for F1 to H1B change of status (I have a Masters degree from US, and I am working for a client through a vendor - EVC model). The interview was simple and was over in about 2 minutes. VO didn't ask me to show any document but he said the PIMS is not updated in their system so it needs verification and told me the visa process "should be done by Friday". I called my employer and he confirmed with USCIS that my PIMs is updated. I didn't get any email yet from US Embassy and still see no update on the website. They kept my passport (with client letter and vendor letter) for stamping, and after PIMs verification they will send it to the Loomis pickup location I requested. But I learned online that even after the visa process is done it takes about 2 days to get the waybill number to collect the passport from Loomis. The bad part is, I booked my return ticket to US for Saturday. So I thought lets go to the US Consulate (thursday morning) to check on my visa status but the security guard at the main entrance would not let me through without an appointment. I called a number (613) 800-0917 to set an inquiry appointment but I was told that I would have to pay the fees again to set any appointment, and she didn't have any update on my visa status. I went to Loomis in the evening to check if they already have my passport (I thought perhaps the website is just not updated yet, because I read so many comments that the website didn't update even long after the person returned home with the stamped visa). However, the Loomis representative told me they cannot even check if my passport is there yet without the waybill number, reference ID, and state ID. So I have no idea what to do at the moment, and I'm not sure how I will make the flight on Saturday morning. I am staying in a motel called "Stardust Motel" where it seems many others like me have stayed under the same situation. If anyone has gone through some experiences that may help me, or perhaps if you are currently in the same situation and we can help each other, please do share. Thanks.

Archived