Current or New I-797 for stamping?

Praveenj

My H1B extension got approved 2 days back and its starting from 01Jan13.

My current I-797 expires on 31Dec12. I need visa stamping on my current I-797 also!!

My question is, can I go for stamping using my new I-797? If I will go with current I-797, I will get visa till 31Dec12 only!!

Please suggest!

Thanks.

Thanks for the link. Did you went for stamping and got visa from the date of interview to end date of new I-797?

Is your current I-797 which expires on 31Dec12 also need stamping? or u have stamped visa till 31Dec12?

In my case, I need stamping on current I-797 also (which expires on 31Dec12)! If USCIS will give stamping from 01Jan13, then I cant enter into US immediately....

Please reply....

Based on your answer, I will book my visa slot :-)

Planning to go Ottawa in this month only, if I will get dates....

Please share your contact details to praveen dot kumarusa attherate yahoo dot com

Please....

Praveen,

I haven't been for stamping yet but as far as I know, Visa would be having the issue date and the expiry date but not start date. So if it is approved, we would get it until the expiry of new I-797. Yes, even I need stamping on my current I-797 which expires on 31-DEC-2012.

I think you can go ahead and book your visa appointment and carry both the I-797's when you go for stamping !

Good Luck !

Thanks for the info. When I say 'Start Date', actually it mean issue date :-)

If the issue date is immediate (date of interview), then its fine....I can enter into US immediately.

Only the problem is, if they will give issue date as start date mentioned on new I-797, which is 01Jan13 :-))

Please post here back, once u r done with ur stamping....

I will do same :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived