Help !!!! COS L1B to H1B, Stamping in Canada without US Education

L 1 B 2 H 1 B

Hello All

Need expert comments on my case.

I came to US on L1B in March 2010.

COS to H1B in Oct 2011.

No US education. ( Bachelor's in Mechanical from India )

FTE

I am going for my first H1B stamping in Toronto on Sept 24.

1. Will it be a big trouble at the time of interview if i don't have US education ?

2. I have 2.5 years of US work experience. Is that going to solve the issue of not having US education.

3. I work as a FTE for well known company (Automotive ). Does it make any difference ?

4. I have my education evaluation done at the time of my H1B application.Will this be enough to prove that my education is equal to a Bachelor's in US? ( I also have an additional evaluation done, can i show this one at the time of interview ? )

Thanks

mine is also similar case. i came to US on L1B and later changed to H1b (same employer) and now on H1b with different emplyer...on sep5th 2012 i attend visa interview at Ottawa. i dont see any issue..

as you mentioned. US work experience is suffice to attend H1b visa interview in canada....

just waiting for my passport.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

mine is also similar case. i came to US on L1B and later changed to H1b (same employer) and now on H1b with different emplyer...on sep5th 2012 i attend visa interview at Ottawa. i dont see any issue..

as you mentioned. US work experience is suffice to attend H1b visa interview in canada....

just waiting for my passport.....

Thanks. Good news.

I am currently doing my master's and I changed my status from H to F. I want to get the stamping done. Hoping that all goes well.

Would you recommend Ottawa to Toronto?

Archived