h1b stamping - canadian visitor visa

surya.dandu

Hello,

I'm looking to drive from boston to Montreal for f1 to h1b stamping. While filling the canadian tourist visa application(IMM5257E), I am stuck with these questions,

1) Should I request multiple or single entry visa?

2) Purpose of my Visit? selected 'Tourism'

3) Indicate how long you plan to stay? planning to stay for a week. But I don't have a visa appointment yet. so, not sure what dates to put in.

4) Funds available for my stay(CAD) - How much do I need to show if I want to stay for a week and how to show the proof of funds?

5) Name, Address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit: - should I mention the montreal us consulate address here. I'll be just visiting the consulate for h1b stamping.

Also, what kind of supporting documents do I need to send? bank statements, pay stubs, address proof, etc.

Appreciate your time and concern.

Thanks

1) Should I request multiple or single entry visa? I suggest Multiple entry.

2) Purpose of my Visit? selected 'Tourism' You can select other and mention H1B stamping and tourism.

3) Indicate how long you plan to stay? planning to stay for a week. But I don't have a visa appointment yet. so, not sure what dates to put in.

Just give approx dates(doesn't matter)

4) Funds available for my stay(CAD) - How much do I need to show if I want to stay for a week and how to show the proof of funds?

For my visa I mentioned $4000-6000 US

5) Name, Address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit: - should I mention the montreal us consulate address here. I'll be just visiting the consulate for h1b stamping. Yes, US consulate genral at Montreal, and address.

Nothing to worry, people at the consulate are very helpful. You will get your Canada visa with out any issue.

Good luck!

• 8 months later...

Archived