H1B stamping at Delhi

joshig

i am working in US for last 4 years and went to delhi for my stamping on 20 oct 2011. This is the first time i went to stamping since i am working with my new employer. i am working in a state agency in EVC set up. My company is a small consulting company with less than 10 employees. The visa officer to my surprise was a desi himself, and he asked me all kinds of questions related to the employer-employee relationship like..

How many people from your company works with the same client, Is there any vendor in between, who approve your leaves, who provides you the infrastructure at your work place , etc..

i was asked to show my h1 petition, i-797 , PO from my vendor which i provided to him

Finally he took a copy of some of my documents and said they will going to send back my case to DHS which will going to contact my employer and also said this process take some time. Meanwhile they will going to send me a letter in a week or so which will elaborate about the process they are following . i have not received any letter yet and when i called VFS they said my case is in process....

My vacation is coming to end in couple of weeks and i am not sure what to do from here i'll really appreciate if anyone else has gone through this or have heard about the same kind of scenario.

THanks

Gaurav

Archived