I travelled before the issue date of Advance Parole (AP) to India.

Ann81

Hi,

This is my another situation, again forced by my husband and I believed him as he said I can come back with out any issue.

He has applied for my Advance Parole and after that I travelled to India before the issue date of AP as my father is in serious health condition in India. He has undergone bypass surgery. Now if I want to travel back to US at Port of Entry, if I tell this and show the medical reports of my father, will they accept and allow me to US. Please let me know.

(I did not get my AP still from my husband to my hand but just want to know this)

Thanks.

what was ur status when u left US? I'm assuming H4? don't you have current H4 stamp?

if the above is true, the airlines wont even let you get on flight..

if ur father has bypass surgery and u need to see him, how's that considered forced by ur husband?

anyways, more details about status would help to provide a better solution..

what was ur status when u left US? I'm assuming H4? don't you have current H4 stamp?

if the above is true, the airlines wont even let you get on flight..

if ur father has bypass surgery and u need to see him, how's that considered forced by ur husband?

anyways, more details about status would help to provide a better solution..

I do not have H4, but my husband has applied for my AP before I left and asked me to leave forcibly only, after I came to India then after few days my father was serious and had heart surgery. If I am not clear in my above statements, I am so sorry. I have one more question, if AP has been renewed through expedite process, how much time or days it take to get approved. Please let me know.

It's not about the AP processing time, its about how to get into US. Like I said, if you are dependent on your husband's immigration status then you cannot enter into US on your own AP. You need to independent and apply for some US visa, contact an attorney, you have no other option .

the turbulence in your personal life is obvious and don't mean to dwell in to that..but you are being very cryptic about your case facts, which makes it very hard to give a proper response..

you are now saying renewing AP/expedite processing/no H4 status... if you don't have H4 status and left without obtaining AP document, your 485 may be considered abandoned..

how can you expedite AP processing without you being present in the country? very unlikely..you could've done that prior to your departure and could've received AP in as little as two to three days or sometimes same day..

if you don't have H4 stamp but otherwise eligible for H4 status, you can get H4 stamp and reenter...

we can only speculate without knowing details..

Personal grudges are common in any relationship but understand this would definitely screw your immigration status,.. 

H4 always needs the supporting  documents of principle applicant..

Discuss with your husband first and try to get rid of these things...In worst case (preferably not) if nothing works out, try to get into it legally by discussing with attorney.. 

Murthy firm has offices in india, reach out to them in case you want to go ahead with worst case scenario on your existing immigration case.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived