Business on H4 EAD and Visa Stamping experience

waiting12345

Can we start a home business on H4 EAD?

If yes, has anyone done so and then gone for Visa Stamping? I am seeing that I will have to list the business under "Employment History" in the DS160 form to get visa appointment, right?

Has anyone had any experience stamping visa while doing a business on H4 EAD? What did the Visa Officer ask? Just concerned as this will be my first time stamping after starting the business on H4 EAD.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes H4 EAD provides unrestricted employment including self business.. 

if you feel you have a business plan then reach out to CPA and attorney (this will shed your savings a bit) but i hope you mind if you really have innovative business plan.  

As long as you have proper documentation and your business does not violate any laws (State & federal) it should not be any issue for visa

Note :  EAD is just an employment authorization doc to work, but however the dependent is completely entitled for H4 visa but nothing to do with EAD..

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2016 at 7:53 AM, waiting12345 said:

Can we start a home business on H4 EAD?

If yes, has anyone done so and then gone for Visa Stamping? I am seeing that I will have to list the business under "Employment History" in the DS160 form to get visa appointment, right?

Has anyone had any experience stamping visa while doing a business on H4 EAD? What did the Visa Officer ask? Just concerned as this will be my first time stamping after starting the business on H4 EAD.

HI, 

I am in the same situation , going for stamping H4 and doing business. What did officer ask?. what all documents did you carry related to business?. Do we need to carry any business plan?.  

Thanks

Archived