How the Murthy Law Firm Can Help You With Your Nonimmigrant and Immigrant cases

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding how we can help you with your nonimmigrant and immigrant cases. How far in advance should I open a new case? How do our clients and the attorney assigned to their respective cases communicate with one another? How does the firm collect information and documents from clients? Feel free to ask any questions you may have about our internal policies and procedures.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi Attorney.

My H1B petition got selected in lottery and this is my second Masters in US. I am working on CPT from day 1.I have heard that working more than 40 hours on full time Cpt are not allowed. Can you please put your insight on this

This is not really a question regarding process at the Murthy Law Firm, but we can help you through a consult with one of our attorneys versed in student issues. It is advisable to also speak to the attorney about your CPT from day one. 

Hi Attorney,

I was working for company-A on L1B visa from OCT-2013 and my visa will expire in AUG-2016. Company-B filed H1B for me, this year and it got picked up in lottery. Now Company-A want to extend my L1B for two more years. I want to continue working for Company-A and didn't want to switch to Company-B. Can I continue working with Company-A with new approved petition or I need to go India and get my L1B stamped with new approved petition to keep my L1B status.

Please send your thoughts.

Hi Attorney,

I was working for company-A on L1B visa from OCT-2013 and my visa will expire in AUG-2016. Company-B filed H1B for me, this year and it got picked up in lottery. Now Company-A want to extend my L1B for two more years. I want to continue working for Company-A and didn't want to switch to Company-B. Can I continue working with Company-A with new approved petition or I need to go India and get my L1B stamped with new approved petition to keep my L1B status.

Please send your thoughts.

It depends how your H1B was filed, whether change of status or consular processing. Therefore, it may be best to call our office and schedule a time to speak to one of our attorneys to determine the best way forward. 

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I have only one name in passport, when i came to US, embassy in India has rules, like add FNU as first name if only one name and i got visa stamped with FNU as first name. While in USA, when my company applied for H1B extesnion it came as LNU  ( as last name) and after then when my employer started GC,  they started with LNU. Now at some places it is still FNU ( TAx, Credit cards etc which i get before H1B Extension), my another H1B extension coming soon. Is this something should be fixed or let it be whatever it is now?

Please guide.

HI,

I have only one name in passport, when i came to US, embassy in India has rules, like add FNU as first name if only one name and i got visa stamped with FNU as first name. While in USA, when my company applied for H1B extesnion it came as LNU  ( as last name) and after then when my employer started GC,  they started with LNU. Now at some places it is still FNU ( TAx, Credit cards etc which i get before H1B Extension), my another H1B extension coming soon. Is this something should be fixed or let it be whatever it is now?

Please guide.

It is advisable to schedule a consult to discuss this issue in detail. 

I have applied for H1-B transfer from Company A to B. I have joined Company B on the transfer receipt notice. Now I have an RFE on the transfer, the three questions of RFE are Employee-Employer Relation, Degree Evaluation and Maintenance of Status. For the 1st & 2nd query I have the required documents and I am covered completely. 

However for the 3rd query, Company A used to pay me Indian salary and pay me per diem and reimburse my expenses in the US, so I don't have payslips in US. But I have my experience letter and India payslips that confirms my employment with Company A's Indian office. I also have all my expense reports during my stay in the US during employment with Company A. What are my risks if I submit my RFE without my US payslips? Also I have worked for Company A in the US for 21 days in 2015, but they are not providing me my 2015 W2. Let me also state that, Company A had a policy that required me to go back to India and serve a 2 months notice, which I have not done. However, I have performed all my duties (with 2 weeks notice) on the project assigned in USA before exiting Company A. What are my options?

I have applied for H1-B transfer from Company A to B. I have joined Company B on the transfer receipt notice. Now I have an RFE on the transfer, the three questions of RFE are Employee-Employer Relation, Degree Evaluation and Maintenance of Status. For the 1st & 2nd query I have the required documents and I am covered completely. 
However for the 3rd query, Company A used to pay me Indian salary and pay me per diem and reimburse my expenses in the US, so I don't have payslips in US. But I have my experience letter and India payslips that confirms my employment with Company A's Indian office. I also have all my expense reports during my stay in the US during employment with Company A. What are my risks if I submit my RFE without my US payslips? Also I have worked for Company A in the US for 21 days in 2015, but they are not providing me my 2015 W2. Let me also state that, Company A had a policy that required me to go back to India and serve a 2 months notice, which I have not done. However, I have performed all my duties (with 2 weeks notice) on the project assigned in USA before exiting Company A. What are my options?

Dear DallasContractor, there are some major issues regarding your description of H1B employment with company A. Accordingly, it is advisable to schedule a call with one of our attorneys to discuss this in more detail. 

My wife's H4 EAD was filed 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything from USCIS, can murthy firm on behalf of non-immigrants question USCIS about their inability to process appl's on time? Why we should suffer for USCIS's laziness?

My wife's H4 EAD was filed 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything from USCIS, can murthy firm on behalf of non-immigrants question USCIS about their inability to process appl's on time? Why we should suffer for USCIS's laziness?

I don't think any law firm will do that. I didn't saw a single law firm raising their concerns w.r.t USCIS processing times. USCIS or law firms, they just need money.

Hi,

Good Afternoon! My husband got his L1a(blanket)visa initiated by his company and we had our appointment in the first week of June. Like many indian companies, our complete trip's flight expenses were sponsored by our company. We had an appt for finger prints first and just after 2 hrs we were supposed to attend the consulate for an appt. But what shocked us was during the finger prints, our passports were checked and we were told that our appt was taken on May 4th for June but was cancelled by somebody on May 10th. The scheduled date was in first week of June like I mentioned before. A mail will always be recieved when an appt is confirmed or cancelled. We got a confirmation mail for the appt but never got a cancellation mail. When cross checked with our company and the immigration team, we came to know that "someone has cancelled our appt and has sent the cancellation mail to our misspelled id ( HERE SOMEONE HAS INTENTIONALLY ADDED AN EXTRA WORD TO OUR EMAIL ID and they mightve got a msg failure notice too) but they just wanted to hide this from everyone. Some said its an Auto cancellation, some said its a vfs error though its all ****. The agents, usually a third party would work for a company and they would only have the access to book or cancel an appt. Everyone in the company has kept mum and I feel too pissed off for the kind of situation we are in. Nothing was wrong with the employee, his team, his client or boss as the visa was initiated and noone knew about the cancellation. Some agent or someone from the company who wanted to grab our appt has done this. Any visa would either be approved or rejected but this is a wierd and a rare case which may happen to anyone. Now, someone else will work on the project instead of my husband and there are no appt dates available for the next 2 months which is too long for a client to wait. Its a breach and a clear case of cyber crime and please let me know how such situations can be handled. In your forum, someone from Vancouver has posted a similar case in 2013 but the answer was not seen. Hope this helps others.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

HI. I am here on F2 visa and my husband employer has filed I-485 for him. As we are from country where Priority date is current. My I-485 is also filed along with my husband petition. My question is .

I am currently pregnant and have approved Medical emergency services(Labor and Delivery only) from state where I live in. Is it really going to be an issue if I use Medical emergency services and my I-485 is in pending. Will I face any challenge as I am getting benefits from State. Can USCIS issue RFE or Deny me Petition for taking help from state for Medical emergency services. I heard emergency Medical Services are not subject to public charges.

Archived