H1B stamping after being out of status for 60 days.

halo22

Hello All,

I was laid off on the 31st of December 2015 due to a loss of research funding. After that I applied to multiple research positions in my field, my plan was to stay until the end of January and leave the US before 31st. But I was called for multiple onsite interview during most part of February, due to this I had to stay until the end of February. I left the US on 1st march, 60 days after losing my job. Recently I was offered a position with a renowned research group, they filed for my H1B (consular processing) and sent me the approval notice. Since I do not have H1B visa stamp in my passport I am required to appear for a visa interview at the Mumbai consulate. For my DS160 question about unlawful presence/violation of status question, I have answered YES and gave a brief explanation, does anyone have any experience with this? 

I would really appreciate if you guys would share your similar experience or give me your advice for this position.

PS: My H1B is cap-exempt and it could only be transferred to organizations that the USCIS recognizes as cap-exempt.  

• 2 weeks later...

I had my interview earlier this morning. The VO approved my application after asking simple questions like Job description, salary, qualification etc. The question about "Out of status" never came up. 

I just checked my the CEAC website to track my passport. It says "Administrative Processing" is this a default CEAC message? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had my interview earlier this morning. The VO approved my application after asking simple questions like Job description, salary, qualification etc. The question about "Out of status" never came up. 

I just checked my the CEAC website to track my passport. It says "Administrative Processing" is this a default CEAC message? 

pls share ur contact..i am in same boat

• 3 months later...

Archived