Lost job while on H1B

arose

Hi

I lost my job on H1B on March 11 and my company immediately filed for H1 cancellation. My last pay stub that I have is on March 18th. As of now I don't have a job and am planning to change my status to F2 because my wife is on F1 visa.

My questions are

1. If I apply now for F2, will USCIS tell me to leave US ?

2. Also if I get a job while my F2 application is pending, can I transfer to back to H1 again?

3. How long does it take to to get F2 approved?

4. Can someone please give me advice that will really help me?

I have tried applying for jobs and all companies have been delaying giving out offers and some have rejected me.

Or go to Canada , Jamica or Mexico and get f2 visa stamped asap

Hi

I lost my job on H1B on March 11 and my company immediately filed for H1 cancellation. My last pay stub that I have is on March 18th. As of now I don't have a job and am planning to change my status to F2 because my wife is on F1 visa.

My questions are

1. If I apply now for F2, will USCIS tell me to leave US ?

2. Also if I get a job while my F2 application is pending, can I transfer to back to H1 again?

3. How long does it take to to get F2 approved?

4. Can someone please give me advice that will really help me?

I have tried applying for jobs and all companies have been delaying giving out offers and some have rejected me.

Apply for F2 or H1 transfer from consultancy (you can pay for now until they place you if you know some close known)

on the date of filing h1 transfer means you are not out of status, yet USCIS considers upto 30days of no status (no written rule) between previous h1b revoke date and new file date, if more than 30 defintiely you need to exit, stamp and re-enter, if less than 30 days chances of considering with new i-94 are more

good luck, email me i will see my consultancy can help

Archived