Part time Job, while continuing primary job on EAD

smganti

From an immigration point, yes.

But employment contracts usually have clauses that allows moonlighting only with written approval from the employer.

Not working for a competitor is one thing. Another thing is that the employer wants your full attention and not somebody who is half asleep on Monday morning because the person worked somewhere else during the weekend.

The OP is working in a job that requires a college degree. His income is most likely higher than for the average American.

This "do whatever it takes to help one's family" stuff is, quite frankly, BS.

It may apply to people who earn minimum wage, but not to people with college education in a high-paying job.

If the OP is fired for cause, he can forget getting a job in his industry again.

It is really a foolish thing to violate an employment agreement.

From an immigration point, yes.

But employment contracts usually have clauses that allows moonlighting only with written approval from the employer.

Not working for a competitor is one thing. Another thing is that the employer wants your full attention and not somebody who is half asleep on Monday morning because the person worked somewhere else during the weekend.

Thanks for your prompt response. I want to know the immigration point only, as my present employer is OK with my 2nd job. Further do I need to have employment letter, signed contract from employer 'Y' also as proof ?

The OP is working in a job that requires a college degree. His income is most likely higher than for the average American.

This "do whatever it takes to help one's family" stuff is, quite frankly, BS.

It may apply to people who earn minimum wage, but not to people with college education in a high-paying job.

If the OP is fired for cause, he can forget getting a job in his industry again.

It is really a foolish thing to violate an employment agreement.

Thanks for your response. The original employer "X" is OK with 2nd job with "Y" and supportive on this area, b'cse both are in different domains and not competitors.. Only concern is, immigration point of view, is it legal or illegal - Need a YES or NO answer please.

Archived