H4 to F1 RFE

varunmachismo

Hey guys, 

Today I received RFE and it asks me to show documentation/proofs regarding my residence in my home country. This would explain that post completion of my course(Masters) I would move back to my country. And also they require me to submit my current telephone bills, utility bills, rental agreements, etc. for my residence in my home country. 
I do have concerns regarding this since I am staying here in the United States from almost a year now and they want utility/other papers from back home. I fail to understand this and how to respond them. 

Please suggest if anybody has any experience or suggestion?
  • 2 weeks later...

You can always show the above documents that are in your parents name and then prove your relationship. You can give a brief writeup of why you dont have any assets/property of your own since you are still dependent on your parents. All they want to see is that your intent is not be a potential immigrant (though it honestly is ;-)). 

• 2 years later...

Hi varunmachismo, I received the same RFE, was wondering what sort of documents you submitted for proofs of ties to Home country and if your visa did get approved. On the same boat. 

I don’t have any property directly in my name, been in US for 2 years now to not have any other recent proof of utility bill, pay check etc. Does providing proof of property in parents name enough? I can provide bank statements in my name with suffiecnent funds in them (although they would be recently transferred, not sure if that matters)

Thank you for anyone’s valuable input. 

Archived