Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Citizenship for minor children on Green Card

Recommended Posts

Hi All , 


Our situation is not very common ,  Though my wife and I were on GC , we decided to have our children in India   ( child birth) for various reasons.  They also got GC ( on -arrival ). 


Now when applying for Naturalization , do we need to separably apply for our children ( separate N-400 ) or will they automatically get the Citizenship through parent's N-400 application .  


Some one ( from a NGO working on Immigration )  told that we don't need to apply N400 form for our children ,  but once we get citizenship , we could just apply passport for our kids also . 


Does anyone know if this is the correct statement . Any pointers on this is really appreciated 


Thanks much 




Share this post

Link to post

Yes, you can just apply for passports for the children.

You can also file an N-600 for a citizenship certificate, but that's usually a waste of money. The only real proof of citizenship is an unexpired US passport.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this