Transfer from EB3 to EB2 with a different Employer

I have bachelors + 4 years of experience. Since I don't meet the eligibility criteria to apply for GC process in EB2, I am planning to start my GC process in EB3 with my current employer so that I can catch the priority date and also gain another 1 year of experience. This will make me an eligible candidate for EB2. 

I hear from people that once If we apply for GC in EB3 through an emmployer , we need to be with the same employer untill we get EAD approved in Eb3.

Can't we not shift employers while converting from EB3 to EB2? What is the process?

Is there any time limit to apply for I485 after I140?

Can some one please tell me the process and steps on how to convert from EB3 to EB2 with a different employer after approval I140 (in EB3), porting the same Priority date.

Once your I-140 with A is approved, you can usually use that PD for a subsequent filing in any EB class. No requirement to stay with A for any specific time. Based on approved I-140 you get 3 year H1 extensions beyond the initial 6 and any other employer can certainly file your GC in EB2 assuming the job and you match.

Archived