Can a H1B employee work for more that one employer at the same time ?

mygcpcs1

I found below Document online from USCIS, I think it is not a fake and still valid one, on page 12 under 'Can a nonimmigrant employee work for more than one employer?' it says 'Generally, a nonimmigrant employee may work for more than one employer at the same time. However, each employer must follow the process for initially

applying for a nonimmigrant employee. For information on this process, please select the relevant nonimmigrant visa category below:' and it includes H1B.

'https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/About%20Us/Electronic%20Reading%20Room/Customer%20Service%20Reference%20Guide/Nonimmigrant_Empl.pdf'

Question:

let us say i have H1B approved from employer A and my I-140 is approved and i got 3 more years of h1b extension approved after my 9th year of h1b, now I found some other employer B and got h1b approved from him. So, basically i have h1bs approved from both employers and is valid next 3 years

Now can i work for both employers A and B at the same time? if so, what is the situation about my green card processing with employer A? if not why ?

Thank you

V.

It is theoretically possible to work for more than one employer, if you have H1s from all of them.

However, this is not burger flipping.

It is mentally pretty much impossible to work more than normal fulltime hours on the level an H`1 is for.

Further, employment contracts usually prohibit side jobs unless approved by the employer. The employer wants your full attention to his job, and not have an employee who is sleepy on Monday because he worked all weekend. An employer also doesn't want his employees work for a competitor on the side. And the list goes on...

And finally, on H1, you already make more money than most Americans.

Archived