If you are waiting for EAD, please post on new regulation

nvedia

Hi All

Are you on H1B waiting to file your GC or approved I140 waiting to get your GC

Chances are you are stuck in long backlog

Recently, a new regulation was passed on Jan 1, 2016 which will make sure we are stuck in GC backlog

Please post your comments here - www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=USCIS-2015-0008

Please do not forget to mention INA code 274A(h)(3) the same code was used to provide EAD to DAPA/DACA(illegals)

Hi All

Are you on H1B waiting to file your GC or approved I140 waiting to get your GC

Chances are you are stuck in long backlog

Recently, a new regulation was passed on Jan 1, 2016 which will make sure we are stuck in GC backlog

Please post your comments here - www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=USCIS-2015-0008

Please do not forget to mention INA code 274A(h)(3) the same code was used to provide EAD to DAPA/DACA(illegals)

My friend, please take a look into this thread.It looks like legally no one is eligible for EAD as per the current rules. And this is almost confirmed by this law firm.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/97049-your-suggestions-for-murthy-law-firms-comments-on-proposed-rule-for-changes-affecting-eb1-eb2-eb3/

Anyhow, keep commenting against this rule.

My friend, please take a look into this thread.It looks like legally no one is eligible for EAD as per the current rules. And this is almost confirmed by this law firm.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/97049-your-suggestions-for-murthy-law-firms-comments-on-proposed-rule-for-changes-affecting-eb1-eb2-eb3/

Anyhow, keep commenting against this rule.

Please explain what do you mean?

When DHS has authority to provide EAD to anyone under INA code 274A(h)(3)  then how are we not eligible for EAD?

Please explain what do you mean?

When DHS has authority to provide EAD to anyone under INA code 274A(h)(3)  then how are we not eligible for EAD?

It's about the eligibility for EAD. In order to be eligible for EAD, you need to in some legal status. According to this rule their is no new status for people who are eligible for EAD

If a person with I140 gets EAD then what is his legal status?? EAD is not a status, its a work permit. Hence no one is eligible for EAD as per the current rules.

If you're talking about DACA/DAPA ,its the same since they doesn't have any legal status they are not eligible for EAD that's the reason for lawsuit against DACA/DAPA.

It's about the eligibility for EAD. In order to be eligible for EAD, you need to in some legal status. According to this rule their is no new status for people who are eligible for EAD

If a person with I140 gets EAD then what is his legal status?? EAD is not a status, its a work permit. Hence no one is eligible for EAD as per the current rules.

If you're talking about DACA/DAPA ,its the same since they doesn't have any legal status they are not eligible for EAD that's the reason for lawsuit against DACA/DAPA.

Not sure what it means but how then anyone whose priority date becomes current gets EAD and then GC ?

I have seen people being on EAD for 6 mo - 1 year waiting for getting the actual GC

Not sure what it means but how then anyone whose priority date becomes current gets EAD and then GC ?

I have seen people being on EAD for 6 mo - 1 year waiting for getting the actual GC

Their status is pending 485. Some H4 applicants are eligible for EAD and that EAD is issued on H4 status, they might be working using EAD but their status is H4 not EAD.

My friend, I guess there will be a lawsuit filed immediately once this rule is approved. I had lot of hopes on this rule, they simply messed up everything.

Their status is pending 485. Some H4 applicants are eligible for EAD and that EAD is issued on H4 status, they might be working using EAD but their status is H4 not EAD.

My friend, I guess there will be a lawsuit filed immediately once this rule is approved. I had lot of hopes on this rule, they simply messed up everything.

lawsuit against what?

We are not getting anything new with new I140 regulation anyways

If a person with I140 gets EAD, he is still on h1B and that is the status. ?

Archived