Green card through DV Lottery

Gulsher

Hi,

I'm the sitizen of Tajikistan and I won the green card lottery. Now I'm here in The US with a student visa. my case number is 28***. The visa buletten is available for europe 20450. Can you please tell me, when should I send my docs to the USCIS? Should I wait untill my number becomes available or send them now.? help me please!!! I'm getting confuse with this.

Thanks a lot. That was really helpful. Yes I'm pretty sure that Tajikistan is in the Europe numbers. I know it's located in Asia, but all the post soviet union countries are in the Europe numbers. Here is the link that confirms it.. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_5073.html

And I have 2 questions.

How long it's going to take from the day when I send my documents to the USCIS.??

How much is the fee? As I know It's probably $1070. The second notification latter that I got. I paid 440 dollars, but I dont know what was it for. It says for the AOS. Is it seperate from the fee or it include?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Winners of the Diversity Visa Lottery should pay a DV winner fee to the US State Department's Kentucky Consular Center. At that time, the DV Lottery winner should identify if s/he wishes to proceed with Adjustment of Status from within the US or with Consular Processing for an immigrant visa abroad.

For an applicant who wishes to proceed with I-485 Adjustment of Status (AOS), the DV Lottery winner will file the I-485 AOS application when the Visa Bulletin shows his DV Lottery winner number has been reached. At that time the applicant will pay the I-485 filing fee.

Originally posted by boshyd:

Leaving aside the various reasons you couldnt get your GC earlier - why cant you use your experience and apply for EB2 eligible jobs?

I have 3 years education and 20 years of work experience. I did apply EB2 back in 2004 and I-140 denied. Appealed, AAO denied. I tried again with a good education evaluation and this too denied.

I feel really, and I mean REALLY, bad for pernalguy. He is unfairly stuck in the system. However, it does not mean that DV people took a visa number from from him. The quotas are completely independent, and if you listen to politicians who are calling for "let's cancel DV quota and roll it somewhere else", they usually have a very different motive at heart - they don't want pernal guy or me or any of the DV people here. Don't get duped.

Originally posted by JoeF:

Originally posted by pontevecchio:

@boshyd

Pernalguy has been a victim and I am rooting for him to be a PR ASAP. Let us keep our fingers crossed for him.

While I can sympathize, it still doesn't justify badmouthing other legal routes to a GC.

Common man ... give it up... After knowing his situation.. Still ... wish him best of luck!!!

• 3 months later...

Dear All.

My case is going to become CURENT in June and am'm sending my documents to the USCIS. it will take 3-6 months to have an appointment with USCIS but the last day for the DV-lottery for 2011 is 09/30/2011. My question is?

If they dont make an appointment until september would I be able to here from them after september if my case is in pending? or they just dismiss my case after that date? please, very urgent.

Thanks

All DV applications that are not approved in the fiscal year are gone.

A number of years back, lots of people sued them because they were very slow with processing DV I-485s. So, I think they are nowadays much faster, but still, if it gets close, it could well be that they don't have it approved by the end of the fiscal year.

For high DV numbers, I always think CP is better, since the consulates don't have such a high workload and tend to be faster.

Originally posted by Gulsher:

Thanks for the information and does the I-767 and advance parole delay the processing of I-485? If yes I can send them later after an interview.

Sorry, I have no idea if they would delay things.

You may want to discuss your specific case with a good immigration lawyer to come up with a good plan of action for the best outcome in the remaining time.

• 4 weeks later...

It's nothing against anybody but USA laws are far better than any country so before you say anything about the laws you need to think twice. You know what I mean! They have DV lottery visa program for People who come from countries with low rate of immigration to united states. That means they want to give equal opportunity to every country. With India problem starts with our population btw I am Indian too. So do'nt think any further. I am just not against anybody. It's all about system because from India so many people immigrate to USA every year on family based and employment based immigration. We do not qualify for DV lottery program. Have you ever thought why India have backlog in granting visa. It's simple population of our country makes us to immigrate to other country not just USA also you will see almost everywhere you go you will see Indian people. So whenever you see the migration there is reason behind that. What I want to say here is why so many people migrating from India to around the world! We are also a best democratic country in the world still people are migrating it's not that we don't have freedom yes we are free country our problem start with population and ends with population. Still if you don't understand try to increase your iq level.

• 2 months later...

Hi Gulsher,

Let me know if you have some news about your green card processing. I hope you will get it soon. I am from Europe, too and a 2012 dv selectee. I am waiting feed back from you, so I will know what I must to do and what not!! Almost everyone here talking about dv lottery sounds so disappointed ... I am kinda scared... :(

Archived