Green Card process related

divya.menon111

Thank you Rahul and Rohang. But to get a clear picture, I need clarity on few more things. 

1) Lets say, my husband wants to continue working for his current employer but the Green card process has been initiated by both the current and previous employers. Does he need to transfer the status(I-140 or I-485) or employer at any stage or the process would go on parallely?

2) Another scenario, lets say he received I-140 simultaneously in both the cases. What to do then?

3) Can we get the green card process started if we are on H4?

4) What if any employer gets RFEs (queries), would it have an affect on the other case too?

5) Now, I think he has 2 more years left for his 6 yrs tenure of H1b to complete.So would the status get extended if the        PERM has started and we have still not received I-140 ?

I would appreciate if someone could respond at the earliest.

Thanks

Divya

Thank you Rahul and Rohang. But to get a clear picture, I need clarity on few more things. 

1) Lets say, my husband wants to continue working for his current employer but the Green card process has been initiated by both the current and previous employers. Does he need to transfer the status(I-140 or I-485) or employer at any stage or the process would go on parallely?

2) Another scenario, lets say he received I-140 simultaneously in both the cases. What to do then?

3) Can we get the green card process started if we are on H4?

4) What if any employer gets RFEs (queries), would it have an affect on the other case too?

5) Now, I think he has 2 more years left for his 6 yrs tenure of H1b to complete.So would the work visa status get extended if the PERM has started and we have still not received I-140 ?

I would appreciate if someone could respond at the earliest.

Thanks

Divya

2) Not sure about simultaneous, but I have experienced 2 I40 for one person.

3) Yes

4) H1b and GC are 2 different things, RFE of h1b doesnt impact GC process.

5) Yes, if perm is pending for more than 365+ days when you are filing for H1b extension.

Thank you for the response. In the 4 th question I meant RFE related to PERM , would it have an affect ?

Another question, let's say, my husband is working for company X and got his PERM started with company Y and got an I-140 approved with company Y,

1) Can I apply for EAD based on that I-140, though he continues to work for company X?

2) Can he give the receipt of the approved I-140 to company X and ask them to continue the process from there?

Archived