All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anka3785

worked on l2 without knowing my h1 was done with cos.

Hi,

Please help! I have been working with company xyz since mar 2012 on l2 EAD. i quit in june 2014 as my ead  expired. i started working with the same company(xyz) in july 2015 with my new L2 EAD. 

Another company ABC had applied for my h1 in april 2015 and he told me in october 2015 that it has got approved. I asked ABC to find me a job. while i continued to work with XYZ with my L2 EAD. 

company ABC couldnt find a job for me unil december. and company XYZ said they r willing to transfer my visa. but in jan 2016 they backed out. 

after 4 month this company ABC told me that my h1 was active since oct2015.  but i have been working on l2 ead... now i am pretty confused about what my visa status is? can you please clarify?

Hi,

Please help! I have been working with company xyz since mar 2012 on l2 EAD. i quit in june 2014 as my ead  expired. i started working with the same company(xyz) in july 2015 with my new L2 EAD. 

Another company ABC had applied for my h1 in april 2015 and he told me in october 2015 that it has got approved. I asked ABC to find me a job. while i continued to work with XYZ with my L2 EAD. 

company ABC couldnt find a job for me unil december. and company XYZ said they r willing to transfer my visa. but in jan 2016 they backed out. 

after 4 month this company ABC told me that my h1 was active since oct2015.  but i have been working on l2 ead... now i am pretty confused about what my visa status is? can you please clarify?

If your H1 was approved along with COS then you are in big trouble. Does your H1 797 has a new I94 with it or not?

You are out of status.

You HAVE a job with company ABC, since October. They have to pay you even if they don't have a project for you. That's the law.

You need to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

You are out of status.

You HAVE a job with company ABC, since October. They have to pay you even if they don't have a project for you. That's the law.

You need to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

I have a valid l2 visa. isnt that valid?

If your H1 was approved along with COS then you are in big trouble. Does your H1 797 has a new I94 with it or not?

yes it does have an i94 with it. I have been asking the employer for it and he just provided me that. and i found out that it has an i94.

You are out of status from Oct 1st and you have performed unauthorized employment from that date. Talk with an attorney.

is there any way to correct this?

yes it does have an i94 with it. I have been asking the employer for it and he just provided me that. and i found out that it has an i94.

That means you were on H1 from the I94 start date. 

Contact an attorney, you need their help. And if your H1 is approved, then you have a job and you need to get paid every month. If not file a complaint against that employer.

Contact good immigration attorney (murthy number is in footer of this site, call them) and stop relying on forum.

You are already in a mess; each day you are waiting , you are making it worse.

And stop working for L2 employer immediately.

I have a valid l2 visa. isnt that valid?

No. A visa is an entry document.

In the US, the I-94 counts. And the I-94 from the H1 approval notice says you are in H1 status from Oct. 1.

You immediately have to stop working for the L1 employer.

And you should consult with a good immigration lawyer ASAP.