H4 online case status vs calling customer service

plzhelpme1

Hi

My new company filled for my H1B transfer (as well as the I539 for dependents transfer/extension ) on Sep18th 2015.

I got my approval in 2 weeks on Oct 2nd and at the same time I moved from that(Charlotte) location (without updating my details in USPS records) to Texas.

Now I m not sure if my dependents H4 approval notice might have already delivered to my last address (Charlotte) in Oct 2015.

Few days back I got to know most probably if H4 is filled with H1B transfer, USCIS usually process both of them quickly. And thus now I started inquiring for the same from my earlier apartment leasing office as well calling to USCIS Customer Service.

My company simply told me : The H-4 is a personal application and I have to take care of it.

Can you please suggest is there any difference b/w the case status communicated over phone by USCIS customer service  AND checking case status on their website based on receipt number ?

Note: Till date USCIS case status website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do shows status of both the application (H1B transfer PP[already approved on Oct 2nd 2015] and H4 [not sure what is the actual case status] ) as : they have received it and will be processed

Appreciate your help !

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Contact USCIS and do not reply on USCIS online status.

Hi jairichi,

thanks for the reply.

do you mean "Contact USCIS and do not rely on USCIS online status." ?

So this means that calling USCIS customer service phone number 1800..... number gives more updated information that what appears on USCIS case status website. Correct ?

Hi jairichi,

thanks for the reply.

do you mean "Contact USCIS and do not rely on USCIS online status." ?

So this means that calling USCIS customer service phone number 1800..... number gives more updated information that what appears on USCIS case status website. Correct ?

Sorry. Do not rely on online updates. Contact them.

Archived